Powered by Outside

MTB's most pointless and failed products.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MTB's most pointless and failed products.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
igz- wrote:
Earlier gen Truvativ Stylo cranks
photo

f*cking garbage.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
dubhex wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
I liked my 5050's there great with five ten shoes. They are pretty decent they arn't a fail like other pedals out there. I would still be using them...but I decided to switch to a better pedal. Straitlines!

I cannot think of a single worse pedal than the 5050. Care to share?
i hated mine shit grip, dident spin well, plates fell off until i locktited them on, they suck ass, i want to try the e13 stacatto 8's

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Shimano Nexus series are crap

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
vegas- wrote:
dubhex wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
I liked my 5050's there great with five ten shoes. They are pretty decent they arn't a fail like other pedals out there. I would still be using them...but I decided to switch to a better pedal. Straitlines!

I cannot think of a single worse pedal than the 5050. Care to share?
i hated mine shit grip, dident spin well, plates fell off until i locktited them on, they suck ass, i want to try the e13 stacatto 8's

try the Deity decoy im riding now very nice pedals(well acually im not riding them now since it snowing but i have rid them for a month before snow!)

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
SPECIALIZED P3 AMIRITE?!?!

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
Sram grip shifters

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
Ergo grips - lol

Future Shock

Flypaper pedals, don't see the need for such complications

Drum brakes

HeadShok

Composite wheels

Coda cranks

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Shimano Nexus series are crap

They are not made for riding on a Mountain Bike, or to be used for any form of biking that beats a lot on your bike. Idiot.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
I don't know if this has been said but Cannondale's lefty fork is pretty pointless.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
I don't know if this has been said but Cannondale's lefty fork is pretty pointless.

Why? It's stiffer, tracks really well, the Fox versions feel awesomely plush, they're light, strong, etc.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
I still want to know who's genius idea it was to internally route shifting/brake cables. Any of you who's ever had to work on bike with it and forgot to fish the new cable at the same time you pull out the old one knows what I'm talking about.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
hamina777 wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

Why? It's stiffer, tracks really well, the Fox versions feel awesomely plush, they're light, strong, etc.

It is no way stiffer then a standard fork. I can see them weighing less but they certainly aren't stronger.

Also, its not like they are apart of today's standards. It's cannondale's thing.

Did I mention they are ugly as hell?

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
E2headtube = fail

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
Dliang wrote:
E2headtube = fail
-Salute
they look sick reduce weight of a normal 1.5 ht and are like 20% stiffer

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Shimano Airlines were by no means a failure. They were just designed for the sole purpose of crisp and clean shifting and were designed specifically for a DH application as you only got a handful of shifts out of a bottle of air. The concept behind them at the time was revolutionary. However, the astronomical cost of them only made them attainable to a few. I believe the system was close to $3000 when it was first released way back in the day. I still remember seeing Kovaric's Intense M1 with Airlines on it in a workstand for people to play with and it was really cool. If you haven't tried them or seen them first hand, don't rag on them!

My mechanic has TWO sets of them and Half of anouther set of them.. and said he would sell me the brand new pair for a smoking deal of $1600Rolleyes
but they are indeed really cool and I guess if I was a pure racer only, then they would be awesome to have... but it would be a pain for anything other then that and for 99.9% out there dont need them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.075571
Mobile Version of Website