Powered by Outside

The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 7:48 Quote
blue mountain is f*cked , they want to progress the sport , they want killer trails but there getting soft, f*ck the bikers who tried to sue blue for there inability to ride a bike , bottom line is people are NOT going to stop crashing , if your not crashing , your not riding hard enough!!

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 10:58 Quote
free629ride wrote:
blue mountain is f*cked , they want to progress the sport , they want killer trails but there getting soft, f*ck the bikers who tried to sue blue for there inability to ride a bike , bottom line is people are NOT going to stop crashing , if your not crashing , your not riding hard enough!!
Wow u are totaly right best post on this forum!!

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 18:41 Quote
freerider1234 wrote:
free629ride wrote:

Before you go accusing people, you should get the facts straight. No one sued blue mountain. The insurace company threatened blue because too many kids under 16 were getting seriously hurt. they told blue that it here was one more serious crash, they would drop them as an insurace coverer. that means no more blue for next year. So blue though that removing jumps and drops for this season would prevent most serious crashes. the jumps will be returning slowly next season.

~Mark

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 9:12 Quote
freerider1234 wrote:
free629ride wrote:
ya except NO ONE tried to sue blue or is sueing blue mountain...they shaved the jumps ect. to reduce there accident rate for the rest of the season for insurance purposes because they had alot more serious accidents then in previous seasons and now that there starting to assess peoples riding ability and having kids under certain ages ride with full armour and there parents if there under 12 you'll will see features going back in. Get your facts staight before you start flapping off at the gums about people sueing.

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
Hopefully we can see another O-Cup hosted at Blue Mountain. I never got to attend the last one as I was at Bromont. I can see them hosting it on so many different trails.

FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
agreed on that one.

the ppl that tried to sue or w.e were begginers, dont know how to ride... and tried shit they wernt capable of..

this effed up everyhting for the riders who can do the stunts...
i think its unfair..

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 15:53 Quote
commencalrider69 wrote:
agreed on that one.

the ppl that tried to sue or w.e were begginers, dont know how to ride... and tried shit they wernt capable of..

this effed up everyhting for the riders who can do the stunts...
i think its unfair..

Does anyone on this site know how to read? Please, everyone who wants to blame some beginners about a law suit that never happened read about 3-4 posts up.

FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 16:15 Quote
yeah sry i was writing it when it got posted...
jeeeze dont be bitching..

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 18:05 Quote
no one had sued them but blue mountain and there insurance company definatly knew there was going to be a lawsuit coming there way sooner or later from some mother and there little kid

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 5:11 Quote
free629ride wrote:

ya Just cause a couple guys spilled, i mean i have sympathy but come on no more jumps!?! it turned some of my fav trails into.... lets just say Yikes!looking forward to rippin next season though, better get those jumps back in and open the so loved PROGRESSION PARK, Yea!!!!!!!!!!! keep on shreddin!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 5:13 Quote
jondurham wrote:
Hopefully we can see another O-Cup hosted at Blue Mountain. I never got to attend the last one as I was at Bromont. I can see them hosting it on so many different trails.

yea i hope too! id be in!!!!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 5:24 Quote
markbatt wrote:
freerider1234 wrote:
free629ride wrote:

Before you go accusing people, you should get the facts straight. No one sued blue mountain. The insurace company threatened blue because too many kids under 16 were getting seriously hurt. they told blue that it here was one more serious crash, they would drop them as an insurace coverer. that means no more blue for next year. So blue though that removing jumps and drops for this season would prevent most serious crashes. the jumps will be returning slowly next season.

~Mark
all facts considered.....it's called a waiver......we all sign it...the risks are VERY well documented. I ate it hard.....early this year,broke 2 ribs....fractured my collar bone and separated my shoulder, I would not even consider trying to sue because I signed a waiver. Parents who try to sue because their children crash and get injured, obviously don't realize the risks involved and should probably be taking responsibility themselves for not knowing what the kids are doing. As both a mtber and a parent, I lay all the blame on parents not paying attention to what their kids are telling them about the sport that they are getting into....they wouldn't sign their kids up to play all star hockey if they've never laced up a pair of skates!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 5:30 Quote
I live 2 hours away from Blue Mountain. I'm not a DHer does it have DJ's? Cause I wouldn't ride there just to check.

EDIT: Is there a jump park? Cause I could pull stuff off a GT.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 7:10 Quote
it used to have djs they were pretty sick but now they flattened them but before i dont know how good they would have been on a bmx i think they still have the 4x track if your into that stuff

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
2old4this wrote:
markbatt wrote:
freerider1234 wrote:

~Mark
all facts considered.....it's called a waiver......we all sign it...the risks are VERY well documented. I ate it hard.....early this year,broke 2 ribs....fractured my collar bone and separated my shoulder, I would not even consider trying to sue because I signed a waiver. Parents who try to sue because their children crash and get injured, obviously don't realize the risks involved and should probably be taking responsibility themselves for not knowing what the kids are doing. As both a mtber and a parent, I lay all the blame on parents not paying attention to what their kids are telling them about the sport that they are getting into....they wouldn't sign their kids up to play all star hockey if they've never laced up a pair of skates!

ya except this is Ontario and waivers dont count for shit..a person can still sue even if they sign a waiver and have up to 7 yrs after an accident to do so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009693
Mobile Version of Website