Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Post your Rocky Mountain Slayers!

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Rocky Mountain Slayers!
Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
Bloodjunkie wrote:
My Slayer SXC

photo

photo

Hey what year is that Slayer? My bike very similar (2009) and I was hoping if someone could tell me the shock size/dimensions. I've been thinking about putting a rear coil shock on my bike but I'm not sure what size to look for. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
TrailRider14 wrote:
Bloodjunkie wrote:
My Slayer SXC

photo

photo

Hey what year is that Slayer? My bike very similar (2009) and I was hoping if someone could tell me the shock size/dimensions. I've been thinking about putting a rear coil shock on my bike but I'm not sure what size to look for. Thanks.

Send rocky mountain an email. If they don't answer you they suck.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 14:06 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
TrailRider14 wrote:
Bloodjunkie wrote:
My Slayer SXC

photo

photo

Send rocky mountain an email. If they don't answer you they suck.

Well, it's been over a week since I emailed them so I guess no coil shock for my bike

FL
Posted: May 6, 2015 at 21:26 Quote
TrailRider14 wrote:
Well, it's been over a week since I emailed them so I guess no coil shock for my bike

My old Slayer SS (2008 ) ran a 7.875 i2i Shock. I'd assume yours is the same, but it could be a little smaller. Just get out a ruler or measuring tape and measure that shit. You really only need the i2i as most stroke lengths are standard for the i2i. Or measure the stroke as well. It ain't rocket science.

EDIT: Or you can use google and search "Rocky Mountain SXC Shock length" and this is the first result:

http://forums.mtbr.com/rocky-mountain/slayer-sxc-shock-specs-578007.html

IT's 7.875 like I guessed.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 16:17 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
TrailRider14 wrote:

My old Slayer SS (2008 ) ran a 7.875 i2i Shock. I'd assume yours is the same, but it could be a little smaller. Just get out a ruler or measuring tape and measure that shit. You really only need the i2i as most stroke lengths are standard for the i2i. Or measure the stroke as well. It ain't rocket science.

EDIT: Or you can use google and search "Rocky Mountain SXC Shock length" and this is the first result:

http://forums.mtbr.com/rocky-mountain/slayer-sxc-shock-specs-578007.html

IT's 7.875 like I guessed.

Thanks! Now I can look for a shock so maybe in the future if I ever want to switch out to a coil I know the size. Thanks again.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 8:37 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Rocking it old school. Still jumps amazing too. Probably going to raw it and get it powder coated fluorescent yellow pretty soon.

photo

What shock and size/stroke? Thanks!

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 8:44 Quote
Martinez242 wrote:
Thread revival!!!

photo

What shock and what length stroke? How do you like it? I have a heavy coil Vanilla R and I don't use the bike much for DH/FR.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 11:25 Quote
Shock length should be 200x57. That's what mine was, but mine was a 2011 model. Pretty sure the linkages are the same.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 15:25 Quote
2011 RM Slayer 70. It's 5 yrs old now, but still going strong...

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 15:15 Quote
Here's my Slayer 70

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.440791
Mobile Version of Website