Rules for trail guests

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Rules for trail guests
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
dorchesterbiketrail wrote:
Iridenorcobikes wrote:
yesterday was the third day i got to ride my trail
there has been 2 sets of footprints so far this year from walkers coming through and someone has already stood on my jumps and tried to foot gap them its anoying as f*ck that people do that at least they didnt cause damage this time but sometimes they cause alot of damage and i have to spend my time repairing old shit when i could be building further into the woods
i no how you feel i had the same thing happen to me but with horse's
thats worse
the worst that happened to me was a 4wheeler from across town rode over my jumps last year
Put up signs that look official, like metal ones that you buy from Home Depot that say like, Horses Prohibited, and stuff. Also, make the entrances to the trail (beginning, end) have a skinny section with like a skinny or other stuff that a horse or quad couldnt possible get through.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 8:18 Quote
ddstuntjump wrote:
Iridenorcobikes wrote:

i no how you feel i had the same thing happen to me but with horse's
thats worse
the worst that happened to me was a 4wheeler from across town rode over my jumps last year
Put up signs that look official, like metal ones that you buy from Home Depot that say like, Horses Prohibited, and stuff. Also, make the entrances to the trail (beginning, end) have a skinny section with like a skinny or other stuff that a horse or quad couldnt possible get through.

Good idea, that way they won't even try or bother with the trail.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
all you have to do to get unwanted public from riding your trails is tie string or fishing line in between 2 trees tight, make it a little higher than a pedal and it will catch their pedal and make them crash...

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
wish4dirt wrote:
all you have to do to get unwanted public from riding your trails is tie string or fishing line in between 2 trees tight, make it a little higher than a pedal and it will catch their pedal and make them crash...

Would their front wheel not hit it first? Confused

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
wish4dirt wrote:

I think barb wire would work better than that. -_-

O+
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
AwesomeAaron wrote:
photoguy9 wrote:
wish4dirt wrote:

I think barb wire would work better than that. -_-

If you tie the line tight enough it will bounce back up before the pedals pass and catch, some retard did it at my local trail (now dozed) and it worked

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
I love that you made this thread. I was wondering if you could make it more of just a general trail etiquette thread. I can make a list if you want?

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
I love that you made this thread. I was wondering if you could make it more of just a general trail etiquette thread. I can make a list if you want?
it was originally supposed to be like that with shit like skiding and being loud and leaving garbage annoying things people do

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
so? why don't you do it.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
so? why don't you do it.
it turned into being about trails being f*cked with

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
freerideipswich wrote:
i had make some wicked trail for all different abilities for my younger bro.we had done a good job at keeping it secret to. We got a day of school because the heating was broken. So i decided to go down the for a merry little huck. When i got there there are 2 amulence 4x4's cars ,2 dogs with their owner. the owner has her foot trapped on the top the north shore so f*ucking funny. Next week theres a jcb and a angry land owner with a buch of his hench men tearing it down. God that night i cryed my self to sleep Really Mad Madder Mad Evil
i feel for you man
i have to make differant abilitys for my little sis aswell and the sad thing is they dont mess up my massive jumps only my little sis little jumps
its pathetic

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
i'm building a xc trail and had some kid who built huge jumps on it and he can't even ride them properly

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
At one trail i was working on awhile ago, some1 would keep steeling my stuff and when i made a dj and it was still drying they would ride it and get it all rutty. One day i put a sigh up that said, if u steal another shovel ill hunt you down and shove it up your ass punk. Now you must understand, i am a man off my word therefore, i put a shovel out in the open, and had a lil steak out lol finally a guy comes and sees the sign, but he takes the shovel anyway, oooo its on now, so i wait (cuz i really wanted to freak him out) and i very quietly fallowed him to his house. So the next day i go there and ring the bell the lil ass answered and i told him to go get my shovels and bend over because paybacks a bitch son.... Needless to say i did not have a stealing problem anymore.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
trail-monster wrote:
At one trail i was working on awhile ago, some1 would keep steeling my stuff and when i made a dj and it was still drying they would ride it and get it all rutty. One day i put a sigh up that said, if u steal another shovel ill hunt you down and shove it up your ass punk. Now you must understand, i am a man off my word therefore, i put a shovel out in the open, and had a lil steak out lol finally a guy comes and sees the sign, but he takes the shovel anyway, oooo its on now, so i wait (cuz i really wanted to freak him out) and i very quietly fallowed him to his house. So the next day i go there and ring the bell the lil ass answered and i told him to go get my shovels and bend over because paybacks a bitch son.... Needless to say i did not have a stealing problem anymore.
it would have been better if he stole a bobcat or a chainsaw wouldnt be able to steal anything again

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027035
Mobile Version of Website