Powered by Outside

Official Kicking Horse thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kicking Horse thread
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
ya i was wondering that maybe its a ten to northern lights, and then after that myabe kranky pants or magic carpet ride?

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
I can't remember the name of the trail but it's on the very left side of the mountain when coming down. Lower pioneer? I think? What ever it was, it was a sick DH pin. i would love to see the race be on it.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
ya thats would e sweet but the thing is pioneer is hard to access from other trails its kinda secluded, and then there is the upper wooden stunts, but the lower would be sick

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
KMHR are building a brand new DH race course specifically for this race (in the 4 minute range).

Cheers,
Doug

Local rumor has it, no new trail. Just linking up of several existing trails. Doug,what are you hearing?

FL
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 6:15 Quote
SamGill wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
KMHR are building a brand new DH race course specifically for this race (in the 4 minute range).

Cheers,
Doug

Local rumor has it, no new trail. Just linking up of several existing trails. Doug,what are you hearing?
Rumour. The course will have a short connector of new trail, otherwise it is a linking of existing trails. Technically a "new" DH course I guess because that run combo has never been raced before. But not a brand new "trail".

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
BlackCrowe wrote:
SamGill wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:

Cheers,
Doug

Rumour. The course will have a short connector of new trail, otherwise it is a linking of existing trails. Technically a "new" DH course I guess because that run combo has never been raced before. But not a brand new "trail".

Care to disclose which trails will be used?

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
I hope lower pioneer.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
lower pioneer would be quite sick but how would you connect it and to what trail, blaster would also be sick

FL
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
SamGill wrote:
BlackCrowe wrote:
SamGill wrote:

Not sure I'm at liberty to say. I'll check and get back.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
blaster to pioneer to a new connector (third hand rumour though)

FL
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
I would have thought they would use the small chair by the bear habitat again to free up the gondola for non-racers. So instead of superberm, maybe some combination of the other blue/green runs from there. Blaster/pioneer sounds like a much better/more fun option though.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
BlackCrowe wrote:
SamGill wrote:
BlackCrowe wrote:

Not sure I'm at liberty to say. I'll check and get back.

We got the course description from Jordan today and we (ADHRA) are planning on going out this weekend to check it out. We should be able to post up a map next week.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
brraaap802 wrote:
blaster to pioneer to a new connector (third hand rumour though)
That would be amazingEek

FL
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
Pioneer - new short connector - Lower Kranky Pants - Easy Rider

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
Shame that KHMR can't make a right proper DH course to create some interest and get some numbers for their races.
Build it and they will come.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021674
Mobile Version of Website