Powered by Outside

.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
i like northstar cause its northstar. getting my season pass at sea otter again. this season is gonna be soo sick
Why would you get it at Sea Otter? I already bought my season pass for this summer when they were selling them for $50 cheaper at the last livewire race. I'm stoked for summer!!! tup

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
i like northstar cause its northstar. getting my season pass at sea otter again. this season is gonna be soo sick
Why would you get it at Sea Otter? I already bought my season pass for this summer when they were selling them for $50 cheaper at the last livewire race. I'm stoked for summer!!! tup
they sell them at sea otter for like 75$ off,at least last year they did. oh and you get a free redbull lol

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
they sell them at sea otter for like 75$ off,at least last year they did. oh and you get a free redbull lol
Sweet I am going there just for the red bull. I am going to stack up energy drinks for the rest of the year! Lol

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
you can get season passes at sea otter?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
bighitrider12 wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
you can get season passes at sea otter?
yeah from the northstar booth

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
check it out, the races are announced!
it looks to be a sick schedule
* Sunday, June 21
o All classes: upper to middle Karpiel.
o Expert / Pro: lower Dogbone (slabs), to bottom of Karpiel (vietnam), to stadium jump finish.
o Sport / Beginner: lower Phodogg, to stadium jump finish.
* Sunday, July 19
o All classes: Gypsy.
* Sunday, August 9
o Expert / Pro: Dogbone, top to bottom, to stadium jump finish.
o Sport / Beginner: upper Karpiel, to Speed Control, to Phodogg, to staduim jump finish.
* Sunday, September 20
o All classes: Boondocks, top to bottom.
* Sunday, October 4 - 3rd Annual Live Wire Classic

FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 21:46 Quote
Awesome!!! I ccan't wait for Northstar and the races! I'm so glad that Gypsy is included in the race schedule because Karpiel is getting very old and phodogg is just not fun to race.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
Awesome!!! I ccan't wait for Northstar and the races! I'm so glad that Gypsy is included in the race schedule because Karpiel is getting very old and phodogg is just not fun to race.

pretty sweet its the same races as last year.

race junior x with me your just as fast. and dogbone is way more fun than phodog

FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:

pretty sweet its the same races as last year.

race junior x with me your just as fast. and dogbone is way more fun than phodog
Yea but I think I am going to race the first race in Sport just to get the hang of it back and then to see how well I do, and then move on to expert. Dogbone will be such a gnarly race because it is hard enough just riding down it, let alone race it. Getting your lines dialed on dogbone takes some time though. I want to race Sticks and Stones because that trail was super fun. Does anyone know why they decided not to race it anymore?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
i got dog bone dialed for most of the part. sticks and stones is way to pedaly for a dh course and it drops on to phodog which makes for more pedaling for all the expert and pros

FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:14 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
i got dog bone dialed for most of the part. sticks and stones is way to pedaly for a dh course and it drops on to phodog which makes for more pedaling for all the expert and pros
I don't know, I will try really hard to get dogbone dialed before the first race and if I feel comfortable, then I will definately race expert because I really do not want to race on the fireroads and phodogg. NOT FUN!!! I will be going up to Northstar a lot more this summer though so I will probably race expert for the most part.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
hopefully the snow melts and when they open the whole mountain unlike the first weekend when only the lower part was open.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
dog bone is so fast, might try racing it

FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
I only rode dogbone top to bottom like 3 or 4 times last summer and I have ridden other sections alone like 10 times so I have some catching up to do on my lines.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016602
Mobile Version of Website