Powered by Outside

Post your pimped out scooter

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your pimped out scooter
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
ChateLife wrote:
austin2112 wrote:
Hey im looking at getting a scooter, hows the razor pro model? will i snap it? keep in mind im only 12 so i wont be riding it hard...please reccomend other scooters for about 50 and under. Thanks
go razor pro dude. best value for your money by far. i bought mine for 80 dollars canadian.

and if you want to make it really firm and more comfortable, lock the folding mech like i did, and get wider bars like i did.

but the first step is buy a razor pro. don't buy any other razor (they always break), and no knock-off bull shit brands.

the only two legitimate brands of full scooters that are well known are Micro and Razor.

Micros cost upwards of $500. so i would strongly recommend the razor pro.

french id makes some nice completes aswell but they can end up costing just as much as micros. i would say definitly go with the razor pro i really doubt that you will brake it especially if you mod it correctly.
I used to have a vision scooter and snapped the foldy in 3 hours

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:
go razor pro dude. best value for your money by far. i bought mine for 80 dollars canadian.

and if you want to make it really firm and more comfortable, lock the folding mech like i did, and get wider bars like i did.

but the first step is buy a razor pro. don't buy any other razor (they always break), and no knock-off bull shit brands.

the only two legitimate brands of full scooters that are well known are Micro and Razor.

Micros cost upwards of $500. so i would strongly recommend the razor pro.

french id makes some nice completes aswell but they can end up costing just as much as micros. i would say definitly go with the razor pro i really doubt that you will brake it especially if you mod it correctly.
I used to have a vision scooter and snapped the foldy in 3 hours

i am not surpised.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
also whats with this "bolt the foldy"? what does it do? restrict the foldy from....folding?

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
also whats with this "bolt the foldy"? what does it do? restrict the foldy from....folding?

yeah pretty much. it also makes it a lot stronger and it wont wiggle around anymore when you are riding.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
austin2112 wrote:

yeah pretty much. it also makes it a lot stronger and it wont wiggle around anymore when you are riding.
oh i see, the pro model has a foldy right?

edit: the razor pro model btw...

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
austin2112 wrote:

oh i see, the pro model has a foldy right?

yeah almost all scooters have one.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
bolting the folding mech, on a razor pro the reason you do it is basically because over time, the headtube and front end all start to wiggle, because the stress on the whole folding mech causes it to become worn out and then there is a little bit of play. it is really easy to notice and you can even notice it when your scooter is brand new.

but when you bolt it the right way, your folding mech will be one hundred percent stiff and wont jiggle around. plus it will be much stronger.

another thing i recommend is - take apart your front end and take out all your bearings from the headset, and the whole area will be filled with dirty shit. clean it out all nice, so there is no more greasy slime, then press the headset all back on and it will run so much more smooth

at first i thought it was gonna be really rough without all the greasy stuff but its much better. i did this whole thing completely by accident and it worked out nice

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
scooter musts for me as of now:

-new bearings
-bolt folding mech
-new grips and bars (wider)
-clean out headtube
-new thru axles (the stock ones come loose a lot so your wheel jiggles around
-new grip tape. stock stuff is f*cking terrible

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
i seriously dont know how you guys can all ride without bolting your bars. i would always hit my knee of that darn quick release thing whenever i would try tailwhips and it would hurt like a bitch.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
i seriously dont know how you guys can all ride without bolting your bars. i would always hit my knee of that darn quick release thing whenever i would try tailwhips and it would hurt like a bitch.
lol i remember when i used to scoot that would happen all the time, it hurts so much. but im probably not gonna bolt mine, because i like having adjustability

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
lol i remember when i used to scoot that would happen all the time, it hurts so much. but im probably not gonna bolt mine, because i like having adjustability

just find a nice height that you like and bolt it. if you grow or something you can always just drill a new hole at a different hight. personally i think that it looks much cleaner aswell.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
ChateLife wrote:

just find a nice height that you like and bolt it. if you grow or something you can always just drill a new hole at a different hight. personally i think that it looks much cleaner aswell.
good point, i might just do it

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 3:10 Quote
eyy boys heres my razor pro

photo

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
photo

photo

photo

My Scooter updated

Chate Batman Scooter Wheel(front)
Stack Razor Pro Model Wheel (back
Chately bolted foldy
custom griptape
Bones Red bearings
Schwin quality grips
18 inch bars

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041979
Mobile Version of Website