Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
No problem man. And a very special thanks to Nova66.
By doing this procedure you will void the warranty but the susp will work as suposed to be.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 5:54 Quote
One thing I will mention is that by making it an open bath system, the rebound still works, only it will top out at the start of every ride for the first 5 or so compressions because the oil will have come out of the rebound piston. When you start compressing the fork, the oil will re fill the rod causing it to not top out.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
Marzocchi.

Theres your problem.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
i wish mine would do that, atm there to soft, and probly going to have to get a new coil, after having the forks for only 1 month....

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
Hey guys, cheers for the instructions the instructions on how to drill the cartridge, I was going mad trying to find a replacement one. Drilled it yesterday and it was working absolutely perfect, full range of movement and feeling well plush.

Only problem I had was after about an hour of riding my forks began topping out and by the end of the ride they were definately topping out after every compression. Could I have drilled one of the holes wrong or done something wrong? I can post a pic up at some point if it would help. I filled the leg up with about 160ml of 7.5w oil if thats any help?

Cheers

Sorry forgot to say it's a 2008 DJ2 fork

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
Just a guess. But try adding a tiny bit more oil. This works when the fork is functioning normaly but tops out. Same with most marzocchis.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Add just a little of oil. My mate's fork was doing that aswell. If you add too much just use a paper to soak up the excessive oil.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
joaovidal12 wrote:
Add just a little of oil. My mate's fork was doing that aswell. If you add too much just use a paper to soak up the excessive oil.

Should I add to both legs or just the one with the rebound?

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
The one with the rebound.
But dont put too much ! The fork will stop moving because the oil has no where to go ...

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
you bought a 2008 marzocchi dj1, there's your problem.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
deathwish wrote:
you bought a 2008 marzocchi dj1, there's your problem.

It's a DJ2 so Razz

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
The same thing has happened to my Dirt Jumper 2's ,and if i get them serviced , will they work better (full travel)

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Drill the rebound.

Take it out totally as i have done.

Or get em serviced.

its been said many times

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
i drilled the rebound and it all works fine... except when they are left upside down for a while the oil leaks out the adjuster on the top Frown anyone else had this problem?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
ozzer wrote:
i drilled the rebound and it all works fine... except when they are left upside down for a while the oil leaks out the adjuster on the top Frown anyone else had this problem?
hey yeah i got that problem, what i did was took off the top black adjuster, and you can use an allen key to tighten up the piece beneath it and it solved the leaking problem, for me... hope this helps!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020255
Mobile Version of Website