Powered by Outside

Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:46 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
Lepe wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
true! i still say br. i love mine and am never turning back!
hey how heavy is ur bottlerocket.. and what fork you got on it

cove hooker is sick but they dont sell em anymore
photo

i am going to put a fox 36 on (makes geo perfect!) and the bike is like 37 with room to make it even lighter. probly like 3 or 4 pounds (new chain guide, cranks, bars, seat post, tiers, front wheel/hub...)

nice yah cause if i get the br ill probbly throw in Fox 36 Talas RC2 and Fox DHX 5.0 Airs with some Juicy Sevens

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
Get juicy 5's
exact same thing but no random almost useless knob

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
Get a Reign X. Maestro is the wave of the future. It is an excellent platform that can pedal up hill and bomb down. They are also relatively lightweight and are speced with quality components for the money. They are lighter than a Bottle Rocket, pedal better, and have a lifetime warranty compared to the one year that Transition offers. The Reign X is exactly what you need. Reasonably priced, lightweight, excellent components for the money. It also likes to fly and go fast!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
Lepe wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
Lepe wrote:

hey how heavy is ur bottlerocket.. and what fork you got on it

cove hooker is sick but they dont sell em anymore
photo

i am going to put a fox 36 on (makes geo perfect!) and the bike is like 37 with room to make it even lighter. probly like 3 or 4 pounds (new chain guide, cranks, bars, seat post, tiers, front wheel/hub...)

nice yah cause if i get the br ill probbly throw in Fox 36 Talas RC2 and Fox DHX 5.0 Airs with some Juicy Sevens
no dont do the air back shock! i have ridden a br with one set to my wieght....bad mid stroke and bottoms easyer...stay coil!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
Do not listen to Laurie. She builds shrines to Giant in her bedroom.

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
AlCapone wrote:

I build shrines to high quality bikes offered at exceptional prices!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Get a Reign X. Maestro is the wave of the future. It is an excellent platform that can pedal up hill and bomb down. They are also relatively lightweight and are speced with quality components for the money. They are lighter than a Bottle Rocket, pedal better, and have a lifetime warranty compared to the one year that Transition offers. The Reign X is exactly what you need. Reasonably priced, lightweight, excellent components for the money. It also likes to fly and go fast!

reign too much of an AM bike

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

I build shrines to high quality bikes offered at exceptional prices!
You've been taken over by the disease. Although I have to admit I didn't even think of a Reign X.

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
Lepe wrote:

Reign X, not Reign! Two completely different bikes!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
no dont do the air back shock! i have ridden a br with one set to my wieght....bad mid stroke and bottoms easyer...stay coil!

air is so much nicer on jumps when i ride...and i am doing more of a slopestyle then just rough dh

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Lepe wrote:

Reign X, not Reign! Two completely different bikes!

lol sorry, too much back travel to be honest

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
It's not always about travel. You can make bikes with a lot of travel feel like they have less. Just because they aren't ridden by pros in slopestyle competitions doesn't mean that they wouldn't be a sick park bike. With all the adjustment on rear shocks today and many superior platforms on the market, you can tune bikes to feel exactly how you want them. The amount of travel doesn’t matter. It is all about design, linkage, and platform.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
I have a Reign 2, great bike. 6" of travel. The Reign X is the same bike, just with 7" of travel and different parts. I'd go with the Reign though, the 1 and 2 have nice part mixes.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
It's not always about travel. You can make bikes with a lot of travel feel like they have less. Just because they aren't ridden by pros in slopestyle competitions doesn't mean that they wouldn't be a sick park bike. With all the adjustment on rear shocks today and many superior platforms on the market, you can tune bikes to feel exactly how you want them. The amount of travel doesn’t matter. It is all about design, linkage, and platform.

you really do know, but to me the transition bottlerocket seems a better bike then the reign x other than prolly weight and riding uphill

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:03 Quote
How is the Bottle Rocket a better bike? Heavier, no platform, and a one year warranty compared to a lifetime warranty? I'm confused! Very confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015569
Mobile Version of Website