Powered by Outside

Who wants to see the Marzocchi Shiver re-produced?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Who wants to see the Marzocchi Shiver re-produced?
FL
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
frdh wrote:
ehh im good, marzocchi kinda turned into taiwanese poo... Fox and rockshox are the way to go now.

yep so true!
i used to love marz but now they are just crap.
this thread is such a failure!

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:37 Quote
the issues with 08 forks are fixed in 09 for marzocchi forks

rc3 was a new damping system for them in 2008, wether it was made in italy, taiawan, america, iraq it would of had problems

FL
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
i still think they are getting left behind with technologies though, shame really seeming though they used to be the best!

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
i still think they are getting left behind with technologies though, shame really seeming though they used to be the best!

what technologies dont they have?

FL
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
well they are alot heavyer than thier rivals, not as smooth, just dont feel as good as rockshox i cant put my finger on it

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
well they are alot heavyer than thier rivals, not as smooth, just dont feel as good as rockshox i cant put my finger on it
umm there one of the smoothest if not the smoothest... although their heavy and i find they arnt as consitant as the boxxer i find they sometimes get random rebound spikes

Posted: Apr 5, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
i wanna see new shivers

FL
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 3:50 Quote
dellow wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
umm there one of the smoothest if not the smoothest... although their heavy and i find they arnt as consitant as the boxxer i find they sometimes get random rebound spikes

i have ridden my 06 66's and they dont come anywhere near as smooth as my friends boxxers and my dj1's wernt as smooth as my pikes.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 4:00 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
dellow wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

i have ridden my 06 66's and they dont come anywhere near as smooth as my friends boxxers and my dj1's wernt as smooth as my pikes.
not the best comparesen 66's are a freeride fork boxxers are a downhill race fork and as in the title dj1 is a dirt jump fork pike is an allmountain in my opinion so cant really compare.

FL
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
well i have allso ridden totems and they were smoother than my 66 and so are all the argyles ive ridden, but thats just a personal thing i spose im finished in this thread as i cant be bothered to argue with some 13year olds tup

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 4:07 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
dellow wrote:

not the best comparesen 66's are a freeride fork boxxers are a downhill race fork and as in the title dj1 is a dirt jump fork pike is an allmountain in my opinion so cant really compare.

Wait wait wait, suspension is suspension, they are all doing the same work it doesn't matter what category they are listed in. A fork can be set up soft or hard, low speed sensitivity or high speed sensitivity, so they are not all that different(if they have the same adjustments). Adjustment of each fork is key in order to all have them ride similar, and they probably weren't all set up alike, so they probably all didn't feel the same. Not to mention spring rates and air pressures vary so there's a lot of variables here.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 4:18 Quote
this is where it comes from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(motorcycle)

and regarding fork variations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_fork

(usually wiki is not my cup of tea but these pages are ok)

thus the big adavatage of usd forks is unsprung weight. bikes being as light as they are these days...for example my gf's myka fsr weighs less than my early 90's fully rigid stumpy.

tbh i would rather like to see something like whyte was trying on his bikes end 90's but that would actually work. (shocks kept on failing)

BMW seem to have created some interesting setups.

there have been a few attempts in the past such as girvin and ancelotti but they never went very far.

but please let us not bring back the shiver-it vanished for a reason

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
wow...i've only been off pinkbike for a year while i was in a south american scary jungle and there has been posts.... fox need to do an upside downy... dont Foes do one?

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
has n e one got Foes F-1 XTD forks?? they look very interesting. I'm just intersted on how they compare up to the likes of Fox and the ol' super monster Ts and rockshox for hucking.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
Inverts flex too much compared to forks that are the 'correct' way up, they won't catch on. There's a reason Marzocchi dropped them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020968
Mobile Version of Website