Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light, cheap all-mountain hardtail
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
NWray wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
do you think my 07 hardrock could pull of a 140mm pike?
i know some came stock with a 120mm so..?

id ask specialiezed... u dont wanna go voiding your warranty now... im thinking of putting a pike426 u-turn on mine and setting it at 110/120...
i dont give about my warranty really its 2 years old i doubt they came with a great warranty anwways

crash replacement.... i think specialized has a 1/2-2/3 crash replacement.... but if ur using it out of what the hard rock is ment for(light am/xc) i dont hink u'd be covered...i know im not... seeing as im dj'ing mine

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
EWT-13 wrote:
ok so you think the hardrock will do freeride, dj, and dh

it's a little bumpy on dh, unless u replace the fork or give it a hell of a lot of oil. mine has a rst fork, and until u oil it and break it in, it may as well be rigid. but it does everything else quite good
dude my rst is garbage, the seals blew up but theres nothing to seal anyways..i opened it up a while ago and its literally two springs and those knobs that im guessing are rebound are for show, mine went from fkn rigid to so plush its bottoming out off of curbs now

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:
EWT-13 wrote:
ok so you think the hardrock will do freeride, dj, and dh

it's a little bumpy on dh, unless u replace the fork or give it a hell of a lot of oil. mine has a rst fork, and until u oil it and break it in, it may as well be rigid. but it does everything else quite good
dude my rst is garbage, the seals blew up but theres nothing to seal anyways..i opened it up a while ago and its literally two springs and those knobs that im guessing are rebound are for show, mine went from fkn rigid to so plush its bottoming out off of curbs now

what rst u got?? mine are the gilla t-9 plus or sumthing like that.... there is oil but they weep like a little kid with sand in it eyes...

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
NWray wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:

what rst u got?? mine are the gilla t-9 plus or sumthing like that.... there is oil but they weep like a little kid with sand in it eyes...
the only i saw in there was two springs that were drenched in lube

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
Marin B-17 (04-07) or Specialized P.1 All-Mountain

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
id go with the b-17Smile

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
NWray wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
do you think my 07 hardrock could pull of a 140mm pike?
i know some came stock with a 120mm so..?

id ask specialiezed... u dont wanna go voiding your warranty now... im thinking of putting a pike426 u-turn on mine and setting it at 110/120...
i dont give about my warranty really its 2 years old i doubt they came with a great warranty anwways

u do know that it's a life time warranty on the frame right? i think u can go up to a 5inch travel fork without voiding your warranty

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
NWray wrote:

u do know that it's a life time warranty on the frame right? i think u can go up to a 5inch travel fork without voiding your warranty

SWEET..... wait 5 in travel is like 140 right?

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
NWray wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:

SWEET..... wait 5 in travel is like 140 right?

actually 140 mm is the same as 5.51181102 inches, so i think your covered. ask a guy at your bike shop to make sure though

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
NWray wrote:
corey-dh wrote:

i hear both of u, and im not sure what kind i got, and yes the knobs are just for show

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
NWray wrote:

i hear both of u, and im not sure what kind i got, and yes the knobs are just for show

all the nobs do on mine is harden and soften the fork.... i can get mine to rigid...

O+
Posted: May 3, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
NWray wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:

all the nobs do on mine is harden and soften the fork.... i can get mine to rigid...

dude, lucky! mine don't do anythingCry

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
NWray wrote:
id go with the b-17Smile

good for dj, dh, fr, xc, urban, anything?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
EWT-13 wrote:
NWray wrote:
id go with the b-17Smile

good for dj, dh, fr, xc, urban, anything?

by looking at it looks an All Mountain bikeSmile good at just about every thing... not great at anything...

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:

what is the lifetime of the frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016966
Mobile Version of Website