Powered by Outside

Kamloops Race the Ranch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kamloops Race the Ranch
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
konastinkydeluxe08 wrote:
where abouts in kamloops is the race?

On the eastern side of town, in Valleyview up by the Valleyview arena. That's where the bike Ranch is and that's where the races will be (we have an xc race going on saturday too).

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
so i should have asked before, but is the ending going to go through the right of the small jumps, then into the wallride, and into a gap jump then to the parking lot or something else? thats what i've been assuming.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
kenny-m wrote:
so i should have asked before, but is the ending going to go through the right of the small jumps, then into the wallride, and into a gap jump then to the parking lot or something else? thats what i've been assuming.

The course skirts the edge of the beginner set of tables on the right (as it did last year), then up the first wall, over the gap or the easy ride around for beginners, then instead of finishing down into the parking lot it finishes on the other side (left of the wooden beams), up around the fence, and down that little dirt road. This finish area is waaaaay better than last year.

Shuttle pick ups will be right there by the island instead of the parking lot, since we have a cross country race happening on Saturday.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
siick. glad to hear that course change.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
kenny-m wrote:

The course skirts the edge of the beginner set of tables on the right (as it did last year), then up the first wall, over the gap or the easy ride around for beginners, then instead of finishing down into the parking lot it finishes on the other side (left of the wooden beams), up around the fence, and down that little dirt road. This finish area is waaaaay better than last year.

Shuttle pick ups will be right there by the island instead of the parking lot, since we have a cross country race happening on Saturday.
hey could explain where the island is? never heard of it.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
You know the left hand turn you make to go into the Valleyview arena, at the bottom parking lot? Well that left hand turn off Highland road there's a grassy "island" there. That's where the shuttle will be turning around. You'll see.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
sounds good. do you now if ill beable to survive on a 2002 jr.t on that course? havnt been able to get a boxxer yet so ill have to put up with that fork.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
it will be fine. there's nothing rough.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
Just remember folks, the course is closed on friday. We need to do some work on it to make it more fun for YOU. We need to get some water on those berms and friday is the only day to do so. Please respect the closure. We are expecting over 300 dh racers so it will take a beating and we need to prevent that as much as possible.

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
Just remember folks, the course is closed on friday. We need to do some work on it to make it more fun for YOU. We need to get some water on those berms and friday is the only day to do so. Please respect the closure. We are expecting over 300 dh racers so it will take a beating and we need to prevent that as much as possible.

Thanks.

Are you allowing camping in the parking lot like last year? And who is doing the timing this year? I remember some issues with the system last year.

Cheers,
Doug

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
We don't want anyone camping in the lots, but we can't really enforce it either.

The timing system was the first try last year. There was a bug in the system that was fixed for the next race. This system has been used for about 6-7 races (incl BC Cups) since then and has been flawless.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
this all sounds good and i'm pretty excited. hopefully i dont get flats with my stan's before the race. its so hot in kamloops, my stan's dries up so quickly.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
We don't want anyone camping in the lots, but we can't really enforce it either.

The timing system was the first try last year. There was a bug in the system that was fixed for the next race. This system has been used for about 6-7 races (incl BC Cups) since then and has been flawless.

Good to hear!

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
You won't flat on this course. Its short and fast, hope you can sprint!

I predict winning pro time to be about 2:35-2:37. Last year it was 2:50.

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
im going to get my brother to do a few runs on the course. if anybody goes also, ill be on a platinum azonic recoil with dorado's.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024713
Mobile Version of Website