Powered by Outside

Rewelding frame near where the shock connects to the frame? :(

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rewelding frame near where the shock connects to the frame? :(
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
well cheked the headtube for cracks, found one on top, and one on the bottom of the head tube Madder this most likely came like this from the shop, i didnt do anything big, i didnt even race, so i think i'll sell it for an iresisteble price say 200 for frame and shock, paint over the cracks, and done.

watcha say? i mean i got tricked into buying it, my turn to return the favour, i cant take it back to the shop, coz i havent got proof that i didnt crack it, i know i didnt, but the seller doesnt, so ya i'll sell it, well try to at least, not on PB though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 4:55 Quote
karma is a bitch

how long have you had it?

a shop sold it-you have a receipt; confront them with it first of all at least.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 5:49 Quote
Keit wrote:
karma is a bitch

i didnt exactly buy it from the shop, i bought it second hand from the owner of the shop, no receipt Facepalm i am very naive, well was...

around a year, but most of the riding i did was XC AM, so... no comps, nothing big...

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Keit wrote:
karma is a bitch

i didnt exactly buy it from the shop, i bought it second hand from the owner of the shop, no receipt Facepalm i am very naive, well was...

around a year, but most of the riding i did was XC AM, so... no comps, nothing big...

what shop was this

(asking cause I know a few in Portugal)

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:26 Quote
nope can't help there.

there is one guy i know who sells cracked and failed bikes all the time but donno these guys.

ask him carefully if he thinks if it was possible that you cracked the frame and watch for a reaction.

considering you have had it for a year i think you are s£$%% out of luck though

you could always appeal to this persons moral sense but if he sold you a cracked dh frame in the first place i think that one is answered.

i'd still try getting a new mainframe for less $ from mondraker or azonic

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:30 Quote
a few months like 2 after i bought it, i found the crack i mentioned in this thread, the first message, i told him, he said it was fine, i wasnt that sure it was so i always rode like it was made of glass, but found the cracks around the head tube, and now i'm defenantly NOT riding.

i have in mind a big hit 2006 from a national seller, and a nother big hit( 2006, but big hit 3) (cheaper) in england, i just have to make my mind...

whats the name of the guy you know?

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
Have you tried searching HTS 2000 ? try youtube

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
seems expensive, and wont i need heat treating?

oh and forgot to mention, theres also two dents on the top tube, came from the sjhop like that, and this the guy knows.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
a few months like 2 after i bought it, i found the crack i mentioned in this thread, the first message, i told him, he said it was fine, i wasnt that sure it was so i always rode like it was made of glass, but found the cracks around the head tube, and now i'm defenantly NOT riding.

i have in mind a big hit 2006 from a national seller, and a nother big hit( 2006, but big hit 3) (cheaper) in england, i just have to make my mind...

whats the name of the guy you know?

i paid 400 pounds for my big hit 2006 in 2007 and sold the shock for 200 Smile

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
full bike for 400? pft then i'm lowering my offer lol

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
seems expensive, and wont i need heat treating?

oh and forgot to mention, theres also two dents on the top tube, came from the sjhop like that, and this the guy knows.

Its like 25 bucks for 10 sticks and you can melt it with a blowtorch .

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
where do i get the sticks? i cant get stuf from the net, and how much is a good blow torch, the other one my dad had exploded in his hand... he was fine though it exploded downwards

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
http://www.aluminumrepair.com/shopping/shopdisplaycategories.asp

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
full bike for 400? pft then i'm lowering my offer lol

nah frame dhx4.0 and seatpost and a neoprene chainstay guard

full bike would have been stolen Wink

i have been looking for bargain dh frame of decent quality but little luck so far

what is your budget

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.180614
Mobile Version of Website