Powered by Outside

Rock Shox Argyle 318 or Manitou Gold Label Series 2

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rock Shox Argyle 318 or Manitou Gold Label Series 2
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
How much are the gold labels? I've been looking all over online and can't find a price. Nor can I find them on ebay.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
I'm leaning towards the gold label myself

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
i've found my argyle to have a nicer damping feel than the dj1.

what makes the dj1 so plush? i've found it to be an even stiffer spring than my argyle... haven't checked in a while though.
since you can adjust the air pressure, I dont put much in it.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
mitch1514 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
mitch1514 wrote:
dj1. way more plust then both of those, but between those, I like the goldlable. I am just not heavy enought to get the right feel of the argyle.

ughhhh my friend's dj1 tops out horribly... probably not enough oil in the damper. just one thing to fix if you get a dj1 and it tops out...

i went from a pike 454 to an argyle 318 and haven't looked back. i love it.
yeah, personeally, I like the dj1 better then all those other forks, because it is plush, and I dont have the wieght to properly use argyles and shit.

the dj1 and argyle weigh basically the same, and if they dont its like .5 of a pound off, also the argyles have so many more adjustments, you can do whatever you want to them

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
I have argyle 318's, awesome!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
Go with the Manitou's (bottom ones), they look nicer (I think!) and weigh less, weight makes a big difference on controlling your front end on a jump bike - Rockshox may have made their forks look beefier and lost their xc only image over the last few years, but the old truth remains hidden underneath this guise - they use too many plastic parts internally; my domain 318's, which I thought would last forever, have died after 1 year of little use (as I had two bikes), similar problems are beginning to arise with their 2step system.
Manitou damping systems didn't use to be reliable, but now they are all made in-house in America (the new gold gold-labels will be), I expect they are very good - their damping systems, when they work, are right at the top of the field. The Gold Labels may not appear to have compression damping like the Argyle's do, but Manitou's FFD damping system has preset compression damping incorporated, I've ridden FFD damped Manitous and they are very nice, with much better small bump compliance than any of Rockshox's 'hardcore' forks (other than Boxxers) - Domains, Lyriks and Totems are awful for small bump sensitivity, I expect Argyles are the same, the Gold Labels will also ramp up nicely as they have a stiff spring, which is what you want for DJ riding of course.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
im just about to either buy 318's or gold labels. which ones would be better for street/park riding!!!! can anybody help!

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
FallingEqualsTrying wrote:
im just about to either buy 318's or gold labels. which ones would be better for street/park riding!!!! can anybody help!
argyle at 70mm imo

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
mtbdarren wrote:
the 318 doesnt have a lock out or motion control those are the 409. the 318 have rebound and compression and thats all you need for a 4 inch travel fork
the mission control is basically a form of lockout

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
Go with the Manitou's (bottom ones), they look nicer (I think!) and weigh less, weight makes a big difference on controlling your front end on a jump bike - Rockshox may have made their forks look beefier and lost their xc only image over the last few years, but the old truth remains hidden underneath this guise - they use too many plastic parts internally; my domain 318's, which I thought would last forever, have died after 1 year of little use (as I had two bikes), similar problems are beginning to arise with their 2step system.
Manitou damping systems didn't use to be reliable, but now they are all made in-house in America (the new gold gold-labels will be), I expect they are very good - their damping systems, when they work, are right at the top of the field. The Gold Labels may not appear to have compression damping like the Argyle's do, but Manitou's FFD damping system has preset compression damping incorporated, I've ridden FFD damped Manitous and they are very nice, with much better small bump compliance than any of Rockshox's 'hardcore' forks (other than Boxxers) - Domains, Lyriks and Totems are awful for small bump sensitivity, I expect Argyles are the same, the Gold Labels will also ramp up nicely as they have a stiff spring, which is what you want for DJ riding of course.
the domain is a low end fork and the reason that Push uses rock shox seals in their revampd susspension is because they are nicer plus the gold label is a flimsy but light fork that has lots of problems esspecially the breaking of the brace.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
RJC91 wrote:
argyles make me mad , they dont come in 20 mm thru axel , but i dont like the stanchion colour( i rather black) and the gold labels i want 07 cuz i like the white lowers and black stanchions(07) but i cant find them anywhere
argyle do come in a 20mm through axle

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017022
Mobile Version of Website