Powered by Outside

2009 Dobermann Molosse Build Blog

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2009 Dobermann Molosse Build Blog
FL
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
not that easy, it needs tons of force in order to keep the stem from moving on the steerer, it wasn't that i was over tightening it, its a bad design.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
sorry to thread jack,
solution to stem problem:

tighten it, and make sure its striaght.

I will follow this, thanks

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:51 Quote
f*ck and I ordered one, oh well, I will be really really careful. Haha......Or just sell it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 6:09 Quote
Also, sorry doberdude, I kinda jacked some of your shit (frame color, bars the same color, and kink stem) woops Frown

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 6:54 Quote
couldn't you kind of make a shim for the steerer, there for it would ovalize the shim and not the steertube?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
couldn't you kind of make a shim for the steerer, there for it would ovalize the shim and not the steertube?

well, I dont think so because if it was any bigger it wouldnt fit in the stem Razz

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
I personally wouldn't suggest running the runaways with the KHE, the runaways are very picky rims. they only like certian tires, between 1.95 and 2.3. They hate the micro nobbys and i haven't had the greatest luck with the KHE. The bead likes to slip out and cause very large explosions. However, they are alright if your tires don't get too warm, watch the psi very closely and make sure that bead is in there before you pump to 100.

I've had some problems with them in street this year, not tomention kids smashing lots of glass at our park. I was forced to switch tires because of the rate i have been going through tubes.

I would suggest the odyssey 24's. they are a bit more pricey but i heard they fair well with the KHE.

It would be a cheaper route to run alienations with a differen't tire.

Don't get me wrong, I love my runaways but comboing them with a khe, well lets say i would have prefered to spend my 55$ on a different tire.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
jaredhtop wrote:

well, I dont think so because if it was any bigger it wouldnt fit in the stem Razz
filer? maybe sand it down sounds like a bad idea after reconsideration. And when are you getting your dob up Mr. Callahan? And what bars did you end up getting Dob? i love mine. **lighter note** pictures should be up later tonight. I'll keep everyone posted. Check out jaredhtop on pinkbike Wink in the near future. Latest tomorrow morning and maybe a video haha

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 5:02 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
Also, sorry doberdude, I kinda jacked some of your shit (frame color, bars the same color, and kink stem) woops Frown
Well I hate you and I think you should die. Jokes, its K man. I copied (sorta) Xavier Cloutier.

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:29 Quote
who here has a molosse

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
konabum wrote:
who here has a molosse
go to the dobermann thread....

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
yoo 24's is where its at..
and if u weren't getting dob bars, wat would be the lightest other option cuz im in desperate need for new bars/ stem on my own 24" bike

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
brian02rider wrote:
yoo 24's is where its at..
and if u weren't getting dob bars, wat would be the lightest other option cuz im in desperate need for new bars/ stem on my own 24" bike

Let's see, what bars weigh less than 600g? Damn this is a toughie.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
i hear fire eye calibars are good. and around 400g i think.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015962
Mobile Version of Website