What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB
O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
brokentapedeck wrote:
JoeMustang wrote:
gordanfreman wrote:
no, wd-40 is a solvent, not a lubricant.

my hope pro 2 SS is by far the loudest I've heard in person, trumping King and I-9.

it is a chemical process that dissolves rust, it was developed for the veitnam war to keep the weapons dry and rust free, it is silicon based and acts like a lubricant, varsol is a solvent water displacement 40 is not

In correct Dont believe every thing you wikki. wd-40 is mainly 2 parts. kerosene and mineral oil. The kerosene acts as a detergent until it evaporates leaving the mineral oil behind. It was invented on Vandenberg Air Force Base in the early 50s. It was made to help keep the Atlas missiles from rusting. But was horrible for small caliber weapons. Wd stands for water displacement and the 40 was the location of the Atlas missiles that's not commonly known ether. If you dont believe me you can google vandenberg air force base wd-40
[Quoten]What does WD-40 contain?
While the ingredients in WD-40 are secret, we can tell you what WD-40 does NOT contain. WD-40 does not contain silicone, kerosene, water, wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or any known cancer-causing agents.[/Quoten]

I got this information of the WD-40 website.

[Quoten]What about using WD-40 on my sports equipment?
WD-40 is safe and effective to use on all types of sporting goods. Use WD-40 on your bike to clean, degrease and lubricate your chain, derailleur, gears, cogs, and moving parts. It will help remove stickers. Use WD-40 to clean and protect your gun. It will prevent corrosion and it won't damage bluing. Spray it on dirt bikes to protect parts and prevent mud from sticking. Use it on watercraft to protect metal surfaces from corrosion and to drive out moisture. WD-40 is also great for cleaning golf clubs and preventing rust on hockey skate blades.[/Quoten]

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
brokentapedeck wrote:
JoeMustang wrote:

it is a chemical process that dissolves rust, it was developed for the veitnam war to keep the weapons dry and rust free, it is silicon based and acts like a lubricant, varsol is a solvent water displacement 40 is not

In correct Dont believe every thing you wikki. wd-40 is mainly 2 parts. kerosene and mineral oil. The kerosene acts as a detergent until it evaporates leaving the mineral oil behind. It was invented on Vandenberg Air Force Base in the early 50s. It was made to help keep the Atlas missiles from rusting. But was horrible for small caliber weapons. Wd stands for water displacement and the 40 was the location of the Atlas missiles that's not commonly known ether. If you dont believe me you can google vandenberg air force base wd-40
[Quoten]What does WD-40 contain?
While the ingredients in WD-40 are secret, we can tell you what WD-40 does NOT contain. WD-40 does not contain silicone, kerosene, water, wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or any known cancer-causing agents.[/Quoten]

I got this information of the WD-40 website.

[Quoten]What about using WD-40 on my sports equipment?
WD-40 is safe and effective to use on all types of sporting goods. Use WD-40 on your bike to clean, degrease and lubricate your chain, derailleur, gears, cogs, and moving parts. It will help remove stickers. Use WD-40 to clean and protect your gun. It will prevent corrosion and it won't damage bluing. Spray it on dirt bikes to protect parts and prevent mud from sticking. Use it on watercraft to protect metal surfaces from corrosion and to drive out moisture. WD-40 is also great for cleaning golf clubs and preventing rust on hockey skate blades.[/Quoten]

WD-40 is mostly Stoddard solvent I/E Kerosene. It comes from the same place it is just refined differently.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
Who cares whats in it?
Its good for f*ck all on a bike. End of!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 2:08 Quote
the hubs that come on the fit trl 1 are pretty dam loud

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
Chris King's are pretty loud, as are the Hope's. The loudest hub I've heard is a Rachet BMX hub. A friend I ride with has one on his ride, and I swear... it will give you a headache! Anyway... bikes make enough racket thundering down a mountain, why would you want people to hear "bzzzz" surely they'll just think there's some sort of disabled wasp coming! Unless, like bikebreaker says, you're just riding around roads Wink

Loud hubs are nice on park bikes, gives that extra essence of style as you carve over ramps and whatnots!

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
kings are annoying

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
they sound like a bee hive is out to get you.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 4:58 Quote
arent kings are the hubs that sounds like jet engines?

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 5:58 Quote
more like washing machine

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 6:04 Quote
I'd say pro 2's are the nicest sounding but not to sure about the loudest but anything is louder than my mtb freecoaster which is like a Ninja

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
Views: 10,441    Faves: 147    Comments: 101

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
5 drops of Ring Drive Lube in your hub ftl.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
crunchss wrote:
Chris King's are pretty loud, as are the Hope's. The loudest hub I've heard is a Rachet BMX hub.

WTF. I have a Ratchet and it's quiet. I took it apart and there's almost no lube in it, either. I dunno what the deal is... but I thought it would be louder.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
I have CK hubs and they are not really any "louder" than any hubs out there, but they have more of a buzzing sound, like most mentioned, they sound like an airplane. Best part is it has a melody to it as it slows down, it goes lower in buzz and then it sounds like another gear engages and goes high buzz again to low.

Probably impossible to explain but if I spin my wheel, you'd understand

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
And whoever buys hubs only for the noise is wack. If someone's infront of you, just scream move or back, or whatever you wanna scream to get them out of your way.

Loud hubs are good for the attention when people watch you go by

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017170
Mobile Version of Website