Powered by Outside

Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
i'm pretty stoked. Made Jazz Band One at my highschool. Trumpet 2. The only freshman in the whole band.

I played trumpet in 5th grade. I thought "3 keys, it'll be sooo easy."

I was wrong.

AlCapone wrote:
Thanks. I'm eventually going to learn sax i think. It's supposed to be really easy to learn after playing the trumpet.
Trombone is where it's at.

AlCapone wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
i'm pretty stoked. Made Jazz Band One at my highschool. Trumpet 2. The only freshman in the whole band.
Congrats.
I've always been a fan of sax personally. Never really had an driving force to learn it though.
Thanks. I'm eventually going to learn sax i think. It's supposed to be really easy to learn after playing the trumpet.
Sax was the first instrument I learned how to play, in my opinion it was really easy to learn...but I got sick of it and quit...

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Congrats.
I've always been a fan of sax personally. Never really had an driving force to learn it though.
Kenny G plays the sax.
He's a freakin' badass.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
I'll have to check them out.

What'd you think of the new Rebelution?
I haven't heard it yet.

BTW, Last.fm is like a radio thingy. It's neat. Tracks what songs are played and everything. Check it out.

Ahh, I feel dumb.

Well the new album is alright, pretty much exactly the same as their first album.
I disagree. Their first album was fresh, new, exciting, catchy; this new one is none of those things.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
Quik5ilver wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Trombone is where it's at.
Imo Trombone has the best tone of any jazz instrument. I just like trumpet because you pretty much control the band.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
I disagree. Their first album was fresh, new, exciting, catchy; this new one is none of those things.

It sounds exactly the same.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
The only instrument I learned to play in school was the recorder.
Man I sucked at it. Like really bad. We had tests on it too. So lame. I always sat next to this kid name Kendall that was really good and played really loud so my teacher thought I was good but I just pretended. haha

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

I played trumpet in 5th grade. I thought "3 keys, it'll be sooo easy."

I was wrong.

I sucked at trumpet. My two friends and I played it in Grade 7 and 8, mandatory, and we were so bad that a separate teacher would take us to a backroom of the auditorium to try to teach us...and we just didn't learn. It was ridiculous. We remedially sucked and then sucked some more. It was hilarious.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Imo Trombone has the best tone of any jazz instrument. I just like trumpet because you pretty much control the band.
Trombone has a good tone.
It's a hard instrument though.

signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

It sounds exactly the same.
There's no pop, the riffs are all lackluster; the spark is gone. Given sophomore releases more often disappoint that please but I really expected something more.

Mod
windowlicker wrote:

I thought you had some sort of No Child Left Behind act. Seems like they cheaped out here!

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I sucked at trumpet. My two friends and I played it in Grade 7 and 8, mandatory, and we were so bad that a separate teacher would take us to a backroom of the auditorium to try to teach us...and we just didn't learn. It was ridiculous. We remedially sucked and then sucked some more. It was hilarious.
So.. you guys sucked in a back room...

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:

I thought you had some sort of No Child Left Behind act. Seems like they cheaped out here!
Pfft. We had top quality recorders. 35 dollars a piece!

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
Actually we blew in back rooms, if you wanna split hairs. We eventually swallowed our pride after sucking for so long and moved on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009190
Mobile Version of Website