Powered by Outside

Do you run your DJ bike rear brake on left or right?

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Do you run your DJ bike rear brake on left or right?
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 23:45 Quote
yeah i switched mine to the right for barspins, come to think of it its a good thing i did since now i can try turndowns and not get my lever stuck in my pocket

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:42 Quote
see thats the problem i have, im running 2 brakes so to make it feel natural. I also got the derailleur cable on the right and my back brake on the left so im gonna have to do some funky stuff with cable management to do barspins.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
route your front brake cable through your star nut (you can get hollow ones at almost any bike shop), then get longer rear brake and derailleur cables if necessary

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
route your front brake cable through your star nut (you can get hollow ones at almost any bike shop), then get longer rear brake and derailleur cables if necessary

yer thats what im doing, im gona try an use my stock brakecable and derailleur cable and hope its long enough.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
then before you do it, take your front brake off and spin your bars around, if they can go all the way you dont need new cables. can save you money on bleeding brakes

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
then before you do it, take your front brake off and spin your bars around, if they can go all the way you dont need new cables. can save you money on bleeding brakes

Ive heard some different things about putting the front brake through the starnut at front, some say i can discontect it and put it through and reconnect it realy quick and others are saying i have to bleed the brake then do it all then stick it all back in.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:55 Quote
im pretty sure youll need to bleed it again, you will most likely lose a lot of fluid and get air in your lines

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 17:57 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
im pretty sure youll need to bleed it again, you will most likely lose a lot of fluid and get air in your lines

k thought that would be the case, thanks man im getting an avid bleed kit anyway.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 3:40 Quote
just personal prefrance some people like it on the left some on the right.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
i run it on the left, Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020615
Mobile Version of Website