2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
it's easy: Pinscher for street, Majesty for dirt tup

Its not so easy, what if you ride both?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
now before this thread gets locked im going to answer the first question.

by looking through the posts of this thread, it would seem that the majesty would be the better choice. cr gave some pretty good reasoning, and recklessness has both of them, pretty much giving you your answer.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
Maybe Sharvan doesn't have pics of his riding but I saw videos of him on ridestreet uk and I can say he is better than a lot of people. I never saw a hop 3 as clean as Sharvan's one....

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
Back on the discusion i do think that the pincher is easyer to do stuff on rather then my old suburban, but the thing is is that the geometry that makes it ride better, also makes its worse in other aspecs, for example short TT, short CS...

Also, theres not much wrong with a huge seat post, its easy enough to get a shim and I know a couple pivotal posts that come in that size. You would still need to get a shim for a 27.2 seat post on the majesty if you run pivotal.

But the majesty does seem better in other aspects such as intergrated headset, lighter, more tire clearence, better geo?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
27.2mm pivotal posts that are slammable do exist, in fact I have one in my living room.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
Sh4rvan wrote:
27.2mm pivotal posts that are slammable do exist, in fact I have one in my living room.

And If it wanted to I could get a slammable 31.6mm (or whatever it is on the dob) pivotal post. But the point I was making is that the seat post size shouldn't be a determining factor.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
My advice: ride them both. They're both great frames, just different styles with different pros and cons. Best to feel it for yourself.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
This really is a tough choice. They have roughly the same chainstay length with a 26 inch wheel, but the Majesty has more tire clearance. The Pinscher's BB is +15mm, where the Majesty has a +0mm BB height, so right there, it could be said that the Pinscher will be slightly less stable, but slightly easier to hop as well. Having owned a pinscher and having spent time on a majesty, it would be hard pressed to say that I could tell the difference in BB height. The Pinscher comes in 21.5 and 22.5 top tube lengths, where the Majesty comes in roughly 22.5 (actual, not effective), so if you wanted a super short front end, the pinscher would be more suited to you.

I am not sure how much of that actually helps. Its a tough comparison, but either way I think you will be happy with the end result.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 5:01 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
it's easy: Pinscher for street, Majesty for dirt tup

Its not so easy, what if you ride both?

decide what you prefer to ride or which you ride more Smile

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
The traffic is for sale on crc! $300, holy f*ck, sooo cheap. I say you sdhould think about it. Aqua blue is LEGIT

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
drew44 wrote:
The traffic is for sale on crc! $300, holy f*ck, sooo cheap. I say you sdhould think about it. Aqua blue is LEGIT
is crc a us distrubitor?

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
BENBCM wrote:
drew44 wrote:
is crc a us distrubitor?

uk

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
Kilbride Road
Doagh
Ballyclare
BT39 0QA
United Kingdom

to be exact.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
matthew13sanderson wrote:
Kilbride Road
Doagh
Ballyclare
BT39 0QA
United Kingdom

to be exact.
would they ship to the us?

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
BENBCM wrote:
matthew13sanderson wrote:
Kilbride Road
Doagh
Ballyclare
BT39 0QA
United Kingdom

to be exact.
would they ship to the us?
yeah and its free

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016136
Mobile Version of Website