What would be a good DJ-Street fork.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would be a good DJ-Street fork.
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 17:31 Quote
oryxbike wrote:
photoguy9 wrote:
JONNY95 wrote:

ino lol XD

Every pair i've ridden suck. I'd take my Argyles anyday. Plus Marzocchi's are heavy and like to blow up.
I've seen more broken argyles in the last 2 years than DJs in the last 5(except for the 03s which had a weak crown)...

I've only seen one pair break and it was only a hairline crack

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
oryxbike wrote:
photoguy9 wrote:

Every pair i've ridden suck. I'd take my Argyles anyday. Plus Marzocchi's are heavy and like to blow up.
I've seen more broken argyles in the last 2 years than DJs in the last 5(except for the 03s which had a weak crown)...

I've only seen one pair break and it was only a hairline crack
I've seen over 10 bent steertubes and 8 cracked lowers and that is only around the 2 towns i ride in... I'm not talking about internet. but they are still more reliable than manipoo...

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 17:51 Quote
argyles were known for steertube bending for 2007 because of the steel steertube , 2008 and up has had an aluminum steer tube .

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 0:08 Quote
I know that the Marzocchi Dj/4X range are strong and bail friendly but I think the Argyle has the edge, it's the only fork around the price that feels like proper suspension! The adjustments are far better than my friends 2007 dj3, my other friends 2008 dj2's (Which were faulty from day of purchase and had to be sent back for a new cartridge) and my friends dj1's 2009 are nice but still do not adjust half as well as 409 argyles. Happy riding tup

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 15:29 Quote
Bottom line

The more you spend for a fork the better quality you will get it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013092
Mobile Version of Website