Powered by Outside

Biking Across Canada in the Spring

PB Forum :: 29ers
Biking Across Canada in the Spring
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
id suggest a good hydration pack....its nice to have water whenever you need it....power bars are also nice, as they have a good amount of carbs and protein and serve as a great snack!

some nice, light, fenders are good. id also invest in a small computer, with a speedometer, odometer, clock, and possibly a heart rate monitor too.

an LED bike light may be useful too. the good ones have an extremely long battery life, as they use Lithium ion batteries.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
I would suggest a brooks b-17 saddle. Get on now and start breaking it in. As far a as bike go to www.xtracycle.com and get your a Big Dummy by Surley. There a three guys bike the spine. Thats from up near the Arctic down to the point South America. They are using products from xtracycle and there web site gives you tons of info. ridethespine.com . I have built a bike this past winter using the 26"SUB with upgrades to 700C from xtracycle and plan to do a tour this summer. I hope some of the info helps
enjoy your journey.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
ill bike through part of ontario with you guys when your passin thru, just throw me a line (and add me as a friend)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017234
Mobile Version of Website