Powered by Outside

West yorkshire area trails

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
West yorkshire area trails
FL
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
rob-k wrote:
mate, you obviously haven't done the full red if you think the best part is from visitor centre to dixons, 90% of that is uphill and the most boring part, the section for 1 or 2 miles after dixons is really good but gets boring but i would deffinately do what i suggested before. if i can find the map i will scan it in and point out where the good bits are if you like!

yeah the bit after dixons pretty much follows the black, then when it cuts off from the black its real flat and shit.

Nah, I like that section, it has some cool singletrack sections, it has that descent with the hug berms then the two jumps at the bottom- well good.

I know that last little bit is good, its just hard to get to without a map so I dont bother.

If you could scan a map and point out a route, that would be awesome tup

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 10:16 Quote
rob-k wrote:
mate, you obviously haven't done the full red if you think the best part is from visitor centre to dixons, 90% of that is uphill and the most boring part, the section for 1 or 2 miles after dixons is really good but gets boring but i would deffinately do what i suggested before. if i can find the map i will scan it in and point out where the good bits are if you like!

yep thanks that would be great but yes i can see why who likes up hill apart from xcrs obviously

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 11:39 Quote
rob-k wrote:

Yeah thats the best bit. I like that flowy raised section with the bomb holes half way through.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
gypsyslikedirt wrote:
rob-k wrote:

Yeah thats the best bit. I like that flowy raised section with the bomb holes half way through.

sounds funBig Grin

Posted: Jan 30, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
Hi if you can strech to north yorhire/lancshire try gisburn forest. Start from the pub in Tosside. Lots of good xc trials.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:03 Quote
sorry for the delay, anyways heres the map:
photo
so basically the pink is the route which i would recommend as it has the most dh's and least flat sections. and the bright blue is how to get to the dh section.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:06 Quote
rob-k wrote:
so basically the pink is the route which i would recommend as it has the most dh's and least flat sections. and the bright blue is how to get to the dh section.

so is the Downhill part actually on the Red?

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
it runs parallel to it. if you're on the red route you go on a fireroad for about 50/100yds before turning into the red, about midway on the red theres a sign pointing out the dh.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
rob-k wrote:
it runs parallel to it. if you're on the red route you go on a fireroad for about 50/100yds before turning into the red, about midway on the red theres a sign pointing out the dh.

Thanks mate, you just let out a secret I think a lot of people want lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
haha, took me ages of scrawling through internet sites to find some decent directions.

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 11:31 Quote
rob-k wrote:
haha, took me ages of scrawling through internet sites to find some decent directions.
thanks mate for that

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
Saddleworth is awesome riding, but its about as west as west Yorkshire can offer.
Hit up the Cyclery in Uppermill for trail information.
Trains from Huddersfield run hourly for about £10 and let you straight out into the wilderness.
Have a look

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 1:44 Quote
burbidge wrote:
Saddleworth is awesome riding, but its about as west as west Yorkshire can offer.
Trains from Huddersfield run hourly for about £10 and let you straight out into the wilderness.
Have a look

thats lancashire.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 14:11 Quote
rlepecha wrote:
burbidge wrote:
Have a look

thats lancashire.

it's right at the border, and is classed as yorkshire, hence "but its about as west as west Yorkshire can offer."

and i'll add that i posted this as a bump to the thread as well as to correct you haha.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
Fixby woods in Huddersfield just got flattened Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052195
Mobile Version of Website