Powered by Outside

should i be putting my bike inside for the winter

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
should i be putting my bike inside for the winter
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
i do, just incase something freezes or something, just ditch it in the corner of your basement or something, or perhaps hang it on your wall.Beer

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
Should i deflate the tires and take the air out of my fork and shock or does it not really matter? for when i keep it inside

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
hawk19341 wrote:
Should i deflate the tires and take the air out of my fork and shock or does it not really matter? for when i keep it inside

no, it doesnt matter

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 18:31 Quote
the snow bent my rotor my bike was kept inside and then i went out and the cold and heat mix bent my hope mono mini 180rotor now i ride bk brake

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
Yes Definitely, If u leave it some where cold the seals onthe fork will freeze and crack which is a bad thing. If u dont have room in your house at least take the fork off and take it inside

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
what do suspension forks work like at -30 Celcius or whatever it goes down to in canada?

cause i camped out at the top of a mountain with my bike at about -11 degrees C and they went pretty stiff haha

uhh aropund - 10 to - 20 at the most

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 15:16 Quote
we went on a ride the other day and it didnt get over 25 degrees farenhiet and there was snow and ice everywhere.
i didnt really notice a change in my suspension or anything. but for a long period of time you should probably
keep your bike in warmer place

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 11:36 Quote
STP--RIDER wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
what do suspension forks work like at -30 Celcius or whatever it goes down to in canada?

cause i camped out at the top of a mountain with my bike at about -11 degrees C and they went pretty stiff haha

uhh aropund - 10 to - 20 at the most

-25c is a pretty common winter day for me Smile

i haven't taken my bike out in that kind of weather for a few years, but it just slows down a little. the wind burn on your face sucks a lot more.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 11:42 Quote
sure you could leave it outside but your chain will be crusted with rust and your frame may possibly have rust depending on the type of metal

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 14:47 Quote
haha yo man just keep it inside. be safe.

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 15:45 Quote
I took my bike for a ride once at about -30 degree.... the shock would not work due to the cold and it would not shift at all.... it's crazy how the weather can affect the precision of a bike...

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
Same here I took mine out a while back one winter and the for barely budged even if I pounded on it so I decided to try n warm up the oil... after a couple minutes it started to slowly work again. So if your bikes inside and you go out in -30 and keep riding your fork will be fine. But if its out in the cold shed or somn good luck getting it to move at -30.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008725
Mobile Version of Website