Powered by Outside

Livingston trail building days

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Livingston trail building days
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
Sure ben I'll help
I know this great dh trail in mid Calder .it's on the other side of the river. I'll show u when u can be bothered
And callum likes it aswellBig Grin
Emo

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
minimole wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
ben96 wrote:

i can imagine... i was thinking mmore: berms switchbacks uncovered roots etc...
roots are tricky too make sure you dont dig up too many that trees start to tilt it happens

Flip, you have to be one of the most negative riders Ive ever had the mispleasure of reading.

Everyone else, trailbuilding is awesome, and very very rewarding, if you have a hill (ideally with permission), people willing to build (obviously not the above muppet), and a rough idea of what you want, go for it!

FWIW, this is a trail I built last year with a mate;
http://minimole.pinkbike.com/blog/Whippy.html
duane that rules...

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
DrummingLlife wrote:
Sure ben I'll help
I know this great dh trail in mid Calder .it's on the other side of the river. I'll show u when u can be bothered
Emo
ive seen it before its pretty mince. but we could clear the grass at the top and make some nice switchbacks

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:19 Quote
oh yeah, i'm in for this building Smile
going to take a look at a spot james found tomorrow XD
we gotta get them murie jumps fixed as well

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:19 Quote
Shuggles wrote:
HutchiDMR wrote:
the only place we could build trails like that is calderwood and almondell. unless you wanna trek all the way up to the likes of dekky everyday, most of us have jobs, college or can settle with the few trails in east calder and mid calder aswell as riding park.

it's cool, i don't have to trek to deccy Smile
live like 20 seconds away
soooo much closer than EC and MC

would you help if it was in mc/ec?

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
mc woods would be most ideal, if your willing to adventure without your bike one day Wink

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
ben96 wrote:
DrummingLlife wrote:
Sure ben I'll help
Emo
ive seen it before its pretty mince. but we could clear the grass at the top and make some nice switchbacks
Are u thinkin of the right place
It's not got any grass and it f*ckin tight ass single track with like a 20foot drop In to the river. NO f*ckIN GRASS !!!!!! Really Mad

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
aye. but we're talking about actually building some decent stuff. thats a used walking path

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
Oh. Word of warning. Pleeeease don't build in Calderwood or Almondell. The stuff wouldn't last a second with all the dog walkers and oldies making complaints (Sorry to stereotype, some of them are ok Wink ). Sometimes I get very little respect when i'm riding XC around there so folk would go mental at kickers/berms etc. The council just wouldn't have it. Find somewhere really secretive. There's quite a few places with potential tup .

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
ben96 wrote:
Shuggles wrote:
HutchiDMR wrote:
the only place we could build trails like that is calderwood and almondell. unless you wanna trek all the way up to the likes of dekky everyday, most of us have jobs, college or can settle with the few trails in east calder and mid calder aswell as riding park.

it's cool, i don't have to trek to deccy Smile
live like 20 seconds away
soooo much closer than EC and MC

would you help if it was in mc/ec?

yep deffo Smile

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
calum1more wrote:
Oh. Word of warning. Pleeeease don't build in Calderwood or Almondell. The stuff wouldn't last a second with all the dog walkers and oldies making complaints (Sorry to stereotype, some of them are ok Wink ). Sometimes I get very little respect when i'm riding XC around there so folk would go mental at kickers/berms etc. The council just wouldn't have it. Find somewhere really secretive. There's quite a few places with potential tup .

I know a couple of places that near no one knows about and I will scout for potential dh tracks

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
Dude, i ride there like every day and there isn't one spot that no-one knows about haha! Theres lots of 'adventurous' walkers. Honestly, if you want the stuff to last, your gonna have to find somewhere very secluded.

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:57 Quote
right i win. our trail in EC! calum back me up on this one

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
calum1more wrote:
Dude, i ride there like every day and there isn't one spot that no-one knows about haha! Theres lots of 'adventurous' walkers. Honestly, if you want the stuff to last, your gonna have to find somewhere very secluded.

have you been to that bit up the top of east calder very turney rooty and natural?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
HutchiDMR wrote:
right i win. our trail in EC! calum back me up on this one

Defo! Only once have i seen a walker there and he was an absolute dude. Talked to him about biking for a bit haha. And that place has clear potential!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011345
Mobile Version of Website