Powered by Outside

Specialized demo 9 rear shock help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Specialized demo 9 rear shock help
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
So will a Vivid Fit? cause i know that a double barrel wont.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
That is one I have not tried...

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
suvlako wrote:
That is one I have not tried...

I am getting a demo 9 soon maybe, I was wondering the same thing!

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
just seen this thread as i was also just looking into putting a vivid in the back of my '04 demo 9 - any luck?

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
I am a new owner of a demo 9. You can get fox to send you a dhx with a eyelet not drilled all the way, and you will need a lathe.

I however, went through elka. The suspension has been a little delayed, but they are making the hardware for my demo 9 for only $5 more. Also, they customize the shock to your weight, BIKE, and riding style, all for only for $90 more than a DHX.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
photo

the bike shaved a bit of materiel off of the other side but other than that it fits

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:55 Quote
What do you mean shaved a bit of the material off? What material? How does the vivid ride?

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
The bike scraped away a superficial amount of materiel off of the side of the high speed rebound adjuster. The vivid rides quite well, though it takes away some of the demos pedaling ability and adds a bit of weight. That said I'm still getting a vivid on my new bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
The bike scraped away a superficial amount of materiel off of the side of the high speed rebound adjuster. The vivid rides quite well, though it takes away some of the demos pedaling ability and adds a bit of weight. That said I'm still getting a vivid on my new bike.

Cool, cool... I was thinking about one. Then I saw fox would send me a dhx, but then I saw Elka for $80 more. So I just figured it was more worth while. They will make hardware for my demo to fit the shock, tune to my weight, riding style, and bike. You might want to give Elka a look too. They should be a solid company too because they come from the moto industry.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
Any normal rear shock will fit in the low BB position, but for the high bb position only manitou shox will. Unless you have one of those things that holds the resavors in a differint area, Ex. avalanch or the DHX's you see on the turners where the resavor is conected to the side of the frame. I have a demo 9 and have had a swinger 6 and put it in the high bb position onece and it didnt feel good, didnt corner well and just felt off balance compared to the low bb position.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
twigme wrote:
Any normal rear shock will fit in the low BB position, but for the high bb position only manitou shox will. Unless you have one of those things that holds the resavors in a differint area, Ex. avalanch or the DHX's you see on the turners where the resavor is conected to the side of the frame. I have a demo 9 and have had a swinger 6 and put it in the high bb position onece and it didnt feel good, didnt corner well and just felt off balance compared to the low bb position.

i used my demo 9 with a completly standard fox DHYX 5 in the high position for about 6 months with absolutly no problems whatsoever! i really dont know how others are having any problems, ive checked the shock and frame and there are is no sign of any issues even after riding fort william.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
I believe 04's have different hardware than 06's, not sure about 05's. I found a brand new 04 so I went for it...

The reason this happened I believe is because I think manitou wanted you only using their shock.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
elcripple wrote:
twigme wrote:

i used my demo 9 with a completly standard fox DHYX 5 in the high position for about 6 months with absolutly no problems whatsoever! i really dont know how others are having any problems, ive checked the shock and frame and there are is no sign of any issues even after riding fort william.
at least post a pic to prove it
photo

deffinalty not a 04 im thinking 05 or 06

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
unless I am mistaken, that is the same frame that I have, wich is definitely an 04 demo 9 DH...

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
vegas- wrote:
elcripple wrote:
twigme wrote:

at least post a pic to prove it
photo

deffinalty not a 04 im thinking 05 or 06

that is an 04 .... ^^^^^^^^^ is right, it is a demo 9 dh

the 05 demo is either red, and the demo9 pro which i have is brown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028107
Mobile Version of Website