Powered by Outside

Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
NsBiker63 wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:

Price difference shouldn't be too different between 26 and 27. 5 parts. If it is, 27.5 would only cost slightly more, so why not wait a slight bit longer and go for that right off the bat, save yourself a couple thousand dollars in the long run.

That's no problem, seeing that i already have all the 26" parts that have come out of my previous rig.

Ah I see now. Hub is still 150. What kind of help are you looking for?

Ehm, what the best settings are like bottom bracket heigt,. I know the 2015 doesnt changed much compared to the 2014 apart from the 27.5 wheel compatibility. The bike will be raced and will see bikeparks regularly.

Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
It's all personal, try the different settings and see how you like it. I personally run low bb and short cs, but I'll change it for certain race courses. For really fast tracks I'll go long cs. and for some tight tracks I'll go high bb.

Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
It's all personal, try the different settings and see how you like it. I personally run low bb and short cs, but I'll change it for certain race courses. For really fast tracks I'll go long cs. and for some tight tracks I'll go high bb.

Thanks a lot for the advice, but have you already heard something about when the frame will be available?

Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 15:58 Quote
NsBiker63 wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:

Thanks a lot for the advice, but have you already heard something about when the frame will be available?

No idea, probably aroun January.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 10:25 Quote
I preorder mine in auguste and my shop said I will have it around chrismas.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 13:05 Quote
sebastien123 wrote:
I preorder mine in auguste and my shop said I will have it around chrismas.

REALLY? That would be a perfect Christmas present! Although i have to buy it myself

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
Guys, need help!
My '09 Gambler FR 20 makes a creaking sound while pedaling, but it's not like the one in the video posted a few pages ago, where it makes the sound when pushed down stopped, this noise is only noticeable when riding and pedaling.

Next ride i'll try to film it so that you guys can understand what i'm saying but if you have any suggestions, i'm all ears!

Best regards!

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
Sounds like bottom bracket to me, strip it out and regrease the threads, if it still does it then new bb time.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 17:50 Quote
Make sure the bolts to the shock is torqued correctly as loose bolts cause movement which in turn causes creaking, whilst your there you may as well take the bolts out and grease them up as dry bolts cause a slight binding which also causes creaks, very common on a multi pivot full suss frame

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
Nice shout guys!
Gonna check it out asap, as I'm gonna paint the frame so will use that time to get everything serviced and properly greased!
If it is the bottom bracket, it'll have to wait, although i thought they where far more expensive!!

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 17:51 Quote
Hello PB I just wanted to know if anyone has ridden the new scott gambler I'm thinking about building one from the ground up and wanted to know how it is.
thanks
Jacob

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
Hello all, I am looking at a new bike, and wondering how the gambler jumps. I know it is ment to be a more plow bike, but I like the two diffrent wheel sizes. I am just wondering how playfull you can make these bikes be.
Thanks
Ellis

Posted: Nov 29, 2014 at 16:54 Quote
Heeeeelp!
Can't remove my 2007 Boxxer WC 20mm thru-axle therefore, can't remove the front wheel...
How the hell will it come off?!

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
trying to find what seat clamp to use on my 2014 gambler... any help would be amazing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015157
Mobile Version of Website