Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

XC Bikes

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 at 21:21 Quote
The stem is titanium. Not flexy at all. The bike was a little small for me so it was pretty much a bandaid fix.

The speakers are all the way in the front of the enclosure and sound amazing (energy towers and center, paradigm sub & rears, yamaha reciver). Ideally I would move the sub out to somewhere in the living room but my house is "open concept" and the living room has no walls of its own so theres no real place to stick it. Short of putting it in the dining room or kitchen Im pretty much SOL.

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 at 4:59 Quote
Lannarchy wrote:
The stem is titanium. Not flexy at all. The bike was a little small for me so it was pretty much a bandaid fix.

The speakers are all the way in the front of the enclosure and sound amazing (energy towers and center, paradigm sub & rears, yamaha reciver). Ideally I would move the sub out to somewhere in the living room but my house is "open concept" and the living room has no walls of its own so theres no real place to stick it. Short of putting it in the dining room or kitchen Im pretty much SOL.

The beauty of a subwoofer is you can place it almost anywhere, the only real problem is setting it up to match the sound of the main left and right speakers. you can tuck it in the corner, stick it right out front of the system, in the middle of the front or back walls. it might even work as a coffee table. I just wouldn't tuck a sub into a wall unit. put it this way, if you can pin point where the bass is coming from, you need to move the sub to allow it to blend in with the front speakers. it is a very big pain in the ass to set up, even more so if you have 2 subs.

as for the cannondale...how do those wheels feel? I always wanted to try out spinergy wheels. the new ones though,

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 at 10:29 Quote
love the retro spinergy wheelsPimp

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 0:55 Quote
The spinergys may have had some problems in their day but I never ran into ANY with mine ! They are not really flexy like some people say and they roll like friction doesnt apply to them. Plus they do look pretty damn cool in my opinion. I wouldnt throw them in the ring with any modern wheels though lol.

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
my new bike i trade my scalpel bbq 09 for rush carbon SL 08 this frame i want to have for so long

now i need w8 on new brake hose for rear brake and r1 handel one i got now for rear comes olie out Frown

bike wil be 100% XC

my new bike 110mm front rear 120mm
my new bike yes its 2008 frame but i stil love it hoop weekend i can test it. i need do some things then bike is done bike weight 8.63kg
my new bike yes its 2008 frame but i stil love it hoop weekend i can test it. i need do some things then bike is done bike weight 8.63kg

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 1:55 Quote
bamboo bikes xc race bike

team rider for raw bamboo bikes uk. this is the first model. new ones have bottle bosses and internal cable routing :-)

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 7:08 Quote
I think these frames are so cool. I never would have thought that grass would be the next logical step for frame material.lol
How do these ride compared to more conventional frame materials?

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 7:12 Quote
stew325 wrote:
I think these frames are so cool. I never would have thought that grass would be the next logical step for frame material.lol
How do these ride compared to more conventional frame materials?

smooth is the best way to put it Smile the slight flex in the chainstays takes out some the vibrations coming up through the rear and helps it to grip in the corners so it can really be thrown about Smile during the strength test they went up to over double the required amount and it still didnt damage it, it just returned to normal as if the test had never been carried out. http://www.bamboobike.co/ is there website

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 10:09 Quote
2012 Phaser 1 Build
I Should have a lighter wheel set because its an XC bike but I like the look of the spanks and I'm a heavier guy so I need the strength

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 11:46 Quote
Sweet Norco! Suprisingly, I don't see these on the trails very often.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 6:14 Quote
Thoughts on 1x9 vs 3x9 on an dedicated XC rig?

I've been running 1x9 for years, but recently I've been dropping chains despite an unramped chain ring, shorter chain, bashring...I just can't keep the chain in place.

I've thought about two different options: Chain guide or Front Derailure.

Suggestions?

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
E13 XCX all the way. I prefer 1x10 to 1x9, but it still has the same effect.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
+1 the xcx is a great guide

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030148
Mobile Version of Website