Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
Coilerrthing wrote:
Has any ever mulleted their wilson 27.5?
Im 5'11 with an xl wilson. Im thinking of trying a 190mm ohlins and a +1 degree angle set to try combat shortening the reach. Any thoughts?

I considered it. though i figured id do it a 29er dh bike first. In reality i realized i haven't even exploited the 27.5 setup to its full potential yet. so i just left it as it is. its worth it a try though

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Coilerrthing wrote:
Im 5'11 with an xl wilson. Im thinking of trying a 190mm ohlins and a +1 degree angle set to try combat shortening the reach. Any thoughts?

I considered it. though i figured id do it a 29er dh bike first. In reality i realized i haven't even exploited the 27.5 setup to its full potential yet. so i just left it as it is. its worth it a try though
Haha I don't think anyone but chainsaw himself really seen the actual limits of these things.
Im just doing it to tinker.
Plus I have a 2021 slash that I have had about 15 rides on already needs new bearings devincis are just built better and love messing with my wilson.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
Coilerrthing wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Coilerrthing wrote:

Haha I don't think anyone but chainsaw himself really seen the actual limits of these things.
Im just doing it to tinker.
Plus I have a 2021 slash that I have had about 15 rides on already needs new bearings devincis are just built better and love messing with my wilson.

Yep. Except my wilson was quite the bitch. needed new frame bearings all the time. she was a beast though Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
new dh bike

hey guys just wondering I have some play somewhere in the rear end maybe from the shock mount how could I fix it? I have a 2015 27.5 Devinci Wilson sl

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
Could be a D/U bushing or a frame pivot bearing.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
Probably the dogbone link. If it is, add some blue loctite to threads and gorilla tape between the bolt head and where the bolt head contacts the dogbone to get some more preload. Pics on page 386 for the ghetto solution. This worked for me

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
Thanks I’ll look into it.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
jaapfrost wrote:
new dh bike

hey guys just wondering I have some play somewhere in the rear end maybe from the shock mount how could I fix it? I have a 2015 27.5 Devinci Wilson sl

I replace my needle bearing. shock bushings. frame bearings. could never get rid of that lil freeplay in the linkage

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Probably the dogbone link. If it is, add some blue loctite to threads and gorilla tape between the bolt head and where the bolt head contacts the dogbone to get some more preload. Pics on page 386 for the ghetto solution. This worked for me

Not sure if you have the same problem as I had. But I had a little bit of play in my rocker and there were two pieces that were loose. On the main rocker link there is a piece called the shock extension (3 holes that hold the chain guide) and there is another circular piece that has 4-holes in it. That piece can come loose and will need to be tightened.
Note: You will need the Wilson Bottom bracket tool to tighten that piece. It looks like this: https://www.thrillon.com/tag/devinci-wilson-bottom-bracket-tool-41-53

hope this helps Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
Hey team…got a line on a sweet secondhand 2018 Wilson XP and could use a hand with a few things, any help appreciated muchly.

Does anyone know the spring rates for the OEM vivid r2c and boxxer RC on a standard large frame size?

Also…the bike has a millimeter of play in the linkage when lifting it up from the seat. I’m yet to examine it super closely, but from reading this thread it seems ghetto-preloading the shock yoke bolt, or a general bearing replacement might solve it. Just wondering if anyone has experience diagnosing/solving anything similar that ended up being a different issue?

I just want to avoid buying something with broken parts on it. The guy selling seems a stand up dude and might let me examine it more closely myself, so might try jack that up if fruitless here.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
coney wrote:
Hey team…got a line on a sweet secondhand 2018 Wilson XP and could use a hand with a few things, any help appreciated muchly.

Does anyone know the spring rates for the OEM vivid r2c and boxxer RC on a standard large frame size?

Also…the bike has a millimeter of play in the linkage when lifting it up from the seat. I’m yet to examine it super closely, but from reading this thread it seems ghetto-preloading the shock yoke bolt, or a general bearing replacement might solve it. Just wondering if anyone has experience diagnosing/solving anything similar that ended up being a different issue?

I just want to avoid buying something with broken parts on it. The guy selling seems a stand up dude and might let me examine it more closely myself, so might try jack that up if fruitless here.

So I bought the bike anyway…tore it down, regreased everything and torqued back to spec…the needle bearing was the problem…was overly tight and dryzabone.

Here’s Sue
photo

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
Nice bike, nice wheels too. Looks like it wants to go downhill...fast. What kind of brakes are on it?

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
Nice bike, nice wheels too. Looks like it wants to go downhill...fast. What kind of brakes are on it?

chur! was stoked to find some bonus hope4s buried under a whole lot of mud on picking it up too.

the brakes are some pretty scratched up 4 pot guides with bent levers, but they’ll keep. straight rotors and plenty of pad life left. should be sweet.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
Can anyone point me in the right direction of which hanger is needed for a 2019 devinci wilson 29?

https://shop.adu.co.nz/devinci-dropout-pivot-right-shaft

Is this what i want?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020272
Mobile Version of Website