Ledge View Riders

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Ledge View Riders
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
iamnotnedflanders wrote:
rippytheg4tor wrote:
iamnotnedflanders wrote:
Hey, you know what I was going to ask,

Do people have different names for different trails on Ledgeview? I always remember hearing about Buttofucco and Amy Fisher and stuff, but I haven't heard anyone talking those trails.

Maybe you guys just dont' ride the same parts of the mountain, but I haven't heard the names often.

I always liked Ledgeview becuase you always knew what kind of trail you were getting yourself into; I heard that as you progress from Right to Left from the tower, they get harder and harder?

Anyways, we've stolen the idea here in Clinton, and from North to South, we've been progressively building bigger and badder, so people have an idea of their skill level.

U havnt heard us talking bout these trails cuz they are the originals, the old run down trails that dont usually get riden and arnt kept up like the others....as for the tower mith that isnt nessesarily true but in a sense it is because the left its the old trails, ie upper daplow and such, and the further right u go the newer the trails get

Ahh, I gotcha, badass. Man I am getting old or something HAHA. It makes sense; I think I am going to have to come check out the new stuff sometime, I miss riding Ledgeview, that's my hands-down favorite place in the world to ride...although I haven't been to Whistler yet.

We used to hammer that old road in under 25 minutes....oh to be in shape again.

Haha killer, ya ledge is good if u arnt a local, im more less bored of ledge after riding it couple days a week for few years, whistler is the place to be....even more once i have a damn vehicle :z lol

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
so on monday we got a new editor for video and we had to try it out so me and my fractured wrist filmed my buddie chris at ledge and heres the result
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/77812/

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
iamnotnedflanders wrote:
rippytheg4tor wrote:
iamnotnedflanders wrote:

Do people have different names for different trails on Ledgeview? I always remember hearing about Buttofucco and Amy Fisher and stuff, but I haven't heard anyone talking those trails.

Maybe you guys just dont' ride the same parts of the mountain, but I haven't heard the names often.

I always liked Ledgeview becuase you always knew what kind of trail you were getting yourself into; I heard that as you progress from Right to Left from the tower, they get harder and harder?

Anyways, we've stolen the idea here in Clinton, and from North to South, we've been progressively building bigger and badder, so people have an idea of their skill level.

U havnt heard us talking bout these trails cuz they are the originals, the old run down trails that dont usually get riden and arnt kept up like the others....as for the tower mith that isnt nessesarily true but in a sense it is because the left its the old trails, ie upper daplow and such, and the further right u go the newer the trails get

Ahh, I gotcha, badass. Man I am getting old or something HAHA. It makes sense; I think I am going to have to come check out the new stuff sometime, I miss riding Ledgeview, that's my hands-down favorite place in the world to ride...although I haven't been to Whistler yet.

haha f*ck thats fast me and my friends did it in like 1 and a half hours but then again his dad was riding up with us...

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
Can anyone tell me how to get to the trail 4 letter word? from what ive seen it looks sick, just dont know where it is

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
its right by the end of paper route after the first wooden lip right at the end just keeep going staight and it should take you there

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
dellow wrote:
its right by the end of paper route after the first wooden lip right at the end just keeep going staight and it should take you there

so are you talking just after the wooden ramp thats like 3 feet high, or after the back to back drops that criss cross the trail?

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
mtnbiker-rc wrote:
dellow wrote:

so are you talking just after the wooden ramp thats like 3 feet high, or after the back to back drops that criss cross the trail?
there is a sign that says '50kmh', and another one that says 'construction zone'
there is a wooden ladder painted blu, you go up the hill from that, NOT the trail you use to hit it but up towards the small trees, ther is a small kicker at the top, and that is 4 letter word

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
carsonprice wrote:
mtnbiker-rc wrote:
dellow wrote:

there is a sign that says '50kmh', and another one that says 'construction zone'
there is a wooden ladder painted blu, you go up the hill from that, NOT the trail you use to hit it but up towards the small trees, ther is a small kicker at the top, and that is 4 letter word

Cant picture it, but if its off of paper route im sure il find it. next time im up there il look around, ledgeview has changed a lot. so many new trails

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
mtnbiker-rc wrote:
dellow wrote:

ya maybe but its either blue or wodd cant remeber but its got mlike a 15 maybe 20(not quiet) gap

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
going dirtbiking this weekend, but will be back next week to shred some more

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
Went up last weekend and it was slippery coming down. Watch some of the corners and the bridges are slippery on some spots. Should be a bit better this weekend with this warm weather we have been having. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and gets riding.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 8:21 Quote
iamnotnedflanders wrote:
rippytheg4tor wrote:
iamnotnedflanders wrote:

So, along the same lines. I tried & died biking up Sumas yesterday. Some fellow riders suggested Ledgeview. Can any one tell me what trails are what rating? I'd hate to be an unexpected stunt for you Folks to huck off of.

Also, since we're in "school the Newbie" mode: I'm just getting back to riding and was warming up on All Mountain trails. I have dumped a couple of times since the trail turned steep, tight & tricky. Should I stick to Intermediate trails to get me back into form? (More flowy, less technical? As a gauge, I haven't biked since I got out of BMX for Skateboarding; but I still like flying off stuff.) This brings up: what jumps/gaps are you dealing with on intermediate trails. (In general, not specific to Ledgeview.) Thanks, Jon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010482
Mobile Version of Website