Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
Check out Marty's mountain cycle, oak Bay bikes or mountain city cycle

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
Might be a long shot but anyone know any shops on the island with any dh bikes in stock? Planning a couple later season bike park trips and would rather not beat the shit out of my trail bike anymore.

Renting might be the way to go

Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
cmarwood wrote:
Might be a long shot but anyone know any shops on the island with any dh bikes in stock? Planning a couple later season bike park trips and would rather not beat the shit out of my trail bike anymore.

what do they have this year?

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 8:51 Quote
makripper wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
cmarwood wrote:

what do they have this year?

Rocky probably a maiden

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
Mount Washington have maiden and single and double crown slayer.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
Does anyone have recommendations for where to find a good tabletop jump in the Nanaimo area to practice on?

This is my first post on the forum. I'm not sure that I'm posting in the correct thread.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
scossar wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for where to find a good tabletop jump in the Nanaimo area to practice on?

This is my first post on the forum. I'm not sure that I'm posting in the correct thread.

Stevie smith bike park/pump track maybe

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
scossar wrote:

Stevie smith bike park/pump track maybe

Thanks! I'm going to check it out. I'm realizing that any small jumps with safe landings will do the trick. I just don't want to have to clear a gap while I'm learning how to jump. I found some good small jumps on Gatekeeper yesterday: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/gatekeeper/

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Yeah lots of good rolling jumps on benson that you can work on that have little danger if you come up short. Sexy Flanders and max power have some jumps/rollers to learn on as well.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 14:28 Quote
Hello there everybody, I will be visiting the island in August of this year and was hoping to hit up some of the awesome bc mountain bike trails. I Just had a few questions for you guys that I hope you can help me out with:

1) Is there any place in Victoria to rent a Mountain bike (I can only find places that rent out cruiser bikes)
2) Would anyone be up to join me for a ride and show me the local trails
3) Can you get to the trails from town or do you need to drive out to them (I know some you will)
4) If there is no place to rent does anyone have a spare bike I could borrow and give you a few bucks to use and ride with

I have also looked into doing a tour with Island Mountain Rides but not sure if I will be able to have a vehicle for the 2 hour drive.

Any help would be awesome and I look forward to seeing your trails.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
If your going to be around Campbell river ,cumby . Shoot me a msg. Should be able to find a rental at local bike shop. I know Courtney/ cumby has rentals. You will probably need to drive or bus to Victoria area trails ( from my limited vic experience) . Enjoy your stay ... you won't want to leave .

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 21:59 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:
Enjoy your stay ... you won't want to leave .

Ha! I grew up on m the island and I couldn’t wait to leave. No regrats!

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 22:56 Quote
Oak Bay bikes has rentals. Would be a heck of a long ride to the trails from there or downtown. If you want to go somewhere where you can easily stay close to trails and ride to everything go to Cumberland.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Thanks for all the replies guys. This has helped out lots.

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 18:10 Quote
what kind of rides do ya'll have for the dump, etc? i mayyy be moving back

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012905
Mobile Version of Website