Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
Got the frame together - paint turned out pretty good.

Waiting on spokes, and am slowly gathering parts for the last few things.

Need to find a fork. The 36 is going to cost too much to make worth it.

Here are some new pics:
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
Looks great!! What about a new z2 or z1 to match that Bomber out back?

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
bcpblurker wrote:
Looks great!! What about a new z2 or z1 to match that Bomber out back?

Thanks! a new marz fork would definitely be a great option, we'll see what the budget allows for lol. A red fork would look steller

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
That looks great. Reminds me of the Evil Offering in "ya boy blue". A red bomber would be perfect. I bet you can browse the buy/sell on here and find something reasonably priced. May need to get a fork first before the wheel build, unless you already have your hubs. I enjoy my old Fox 36 Talas but it was a compromise for sure.

Also, you may not need the chain guide. Once I went narrow-wide with a good clutched derailleur I've yet to slip a chain. I removed the bash guard as well but I'm not one to slam my bottom bracket on features to get up and over.

photo

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
I'll definitely keep an eye out and see if there's a good deal I can snag on a new(er) fork. Think I'll keep the bash guard for now, but it may end up coming off. It is pretty chunky looking.

Have the wheels laced, but it wouldn't be hard to pick up a used boost front hub either way.

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 17:58 Quote
Finally an update on this bad boy - needed some time to gather the rest of the parts and the lower headset cup came in this morning.
So without further ado: THE 2009 SX Trail Bearclaw Edition
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
That looks great! What shock is that in the rear? Looks like you got a new link to use it as well. I've been debating on sending the OG Fox DHX 4.0 for rebuild or find something newer to swap the X2 out with.

Probably jus the angle of the photo but the rear DHF looks different than the front. I ran a DHF on the rear for a bit but the softer nubs took a thrashing at the bike parks out here in Colorado.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
The shock is the new Bomber CR (Van RC) with the Bikeyoke Link, however, I believe the integrated link should fit this shock specifically. At the time I didn't know what shock I would be able to find so went with the link to be safe. I've run a Van on a few bikes and really like the simplicity and feel.

Eventually, I'd like to throw a damper in the yari - as it will be the weakest link. (Also the new RS forks are great for existing 20x110 wheels because of the torque cap reliefs - I bought a sleeve to go from 20mm to 15mm on the axle and then a boost brake spacer.)

The DHFs are the same and are both 2.5, but could be different generations? I also have a legacy DHF spare (old enough to have the other font) and It is different as well. These tires also are about 70% life - I do like free used tires and am willing to deal with them being a little thrashed lol.

This Bike Has always had DHFs F&R, and honestly probably always will. For what it's worth, I usually run a DHR on my other bikes in the back, but am experimenting with a Dissector right now. Also have run specialized eliminators F&R with much success - however, those definitely trade-off ultimate grip for rolling speed.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
very nice bike mate Smile

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
suechtiger wrote:
very nice bike mate Smile

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 21:31 Quote
herubee wrote:
nice rig

Thank You!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 20:10 Quote
clapped-out-46 wrote:

Eventually, I'd like to throw a damper in the yari - as it will be the weakest link. (Also the new RS forks are great for existing 20x110 wheels because of the torque cap reliefs - I bought a sleeve to go from 20mm to 15mm on the axle and then a boost brake spacer.)

I got a yari, slammed an Avalanche dh racing damper with a coil in there. Its an amazing fork, better than my fox36s I have run. Highly reccomend checking then out.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 17:29 Quote
Spring popped here in Colorado so got some trail riding in. First ride of the year with my buddy on a nice carbon 2018 Spesh Enduro. Not a very agile climber but still putting the miles on outside the parks.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 17:45 Quote
Party day at the park.

Have had it at Trestle a few times and am still super stoked. Added some taller bars like 09SXtrail, which made a huge difference in comfort. Still need to upgrade the fork damper, but time and money are a limiting factor.

photo
P.S. The picture is blurry because I'm too cheap to buy a digital download

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021972
Mobile Version of Website