Powered by Outside

The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
Is there a hope rear conversion kit that can change a pro 2 (non evo) rear hub from 150 x 12 to 135 x 12?

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 6:12 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
is 13.3kilo's heavy for xc bike

because it sounds heavy

should i worried

You should be worried about your grammar...

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 6:25 Quote
johnny-likes-dh wrote:
Is there a hope rear conversion kit that can change a pro 2 (non evo) rear hub from 150 x 12 to 135 x 12?

Nope. The hub body itself is wider

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
udayorama wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:

Raceface cranks are pretty sweet. The Mega uses a european bb like your current frame does.

Edit: Your welcome!

Will these work? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/race-face-ride-dh-double-chainset/rp-prod21873
They're cheaper than the x7 too.
Sorry, but what's the difference between a European bb and a normal one?
I'm kinda new to all this.
Thanks!

They will work but I was frankly surprised they still have ride dh cranks, and that is way too much for a crankset I believe hasn't been made in 3+ years. If you're ordering through crc, you can get Shimano SLX cranks for the same price. Lighter, new, cheaper.

European bb's are the norm. They thread in and are usually 73 mm wide on trail bikes, rarely 68 [although one bb is compatible with both of those widths].

Cool, thanks.
I didn't know that a Shimano crankset would work with a Sram groupset.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 12:42 Quote
edit, I found the prob. Incorrect use of certain tools that look very alike. will have to take a short trip to Chain Reaction Cycles Rolleyes Razz Facepalm

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
Ham, are you at your parents house again? (see what I did there?) You're looking for the mechanics thread lol

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Ham, are you at your parents house again? (see what I did there?) You're looking for the mechanics thread lol

Lol very funny. I can ask stuff about tools and maintenance here can't i ? Cry

It's because I posted the same post here to look for advice but I found the problem

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:22 Quote
Seeing as it's been used for similar questions since the beginning, go ahead man Salute

Personally don't see the need of having one thread to ask 'what should I do' and another for 'how should I do it'

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
Angryham wrote:
edit, I found the prob. Incorrect use of certain tools that look very alike. will have to take a short trip to Chain Reaction Cycles Rolleyes Razz Facepalm

I responded to this message, which I figured was probably a response to the mechanics thread where the problem was solved. Nothing wrong with asking that question here, I just didn't see the question, only this response. Redface

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:54 Quote
Biscuitto wrote:
Seeing as it's been used for similar questions since the beginning, go ahead man Salute

Personally don't see the need of having one thread to ask 'what should I do' and another for 'how should I do it'

Let's just say... BB removing rings and cassette removal rings fit the same holes and look the same hahha Redface

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://imgur.com/UKHd9Fx
The owner just painted this frame and now dont know the original brand, model of the frame.
Does anyone have a clue of what brand could this frame be?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 16:28 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
johnny-likes-dh wrote:

Nope. The hub body itself is wider

Shit. Cheers anyway lad.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 16:33 Quote
carloscorreia wrote:
photo
The owner just painted this frame and now dont know the original brand, model of the frame.

Thanks in advance.
FYP

could be a santa cruz bullit? random guess though

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 16:40 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
carloscorreia wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/UKHd9Fx.jpg size=m align=c

Thanks in advance.
FYP

could be a santa cruz bullit? random guess though

It is not a Santacruz for sure. should not be a "big" name brand. Just cant find it Mad

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 19:20 Quote
looks kinda like it could be an older mde

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044636
Mobile Version of Website