Powered by Outside

DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 11:01 Quote
Here's my baby...

Oxide Cycles Valkyrie

Stainless Steel beauty from OXIDE CYCLES Boise ID. Adorned with DVO Hope and Profile Racing goodness

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
dadebrown wrote:
Here's my baby...

Oxide Cycles Valkyrie

Stainless Steel beauty from OXIDE CYCLES Boise ID. Adorned with DVO Hope and Profile Racing goodness

photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
Thanks guys, It's been a labour of love.

I'll get some better quality pics up soon Big Grin

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
dadebrown wrote:
Here's my baby...

Oxide Cycles Valkyrie

Totally rad bike and bike stand!

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
The past couple of weeks, my Topaz has developed a sort of squelching noise like sucking air in when it rebounds. It's especially noticeable when I first get on the bike or compress the back end down and let it rebound after it's been sitting for a bit. Anyone else have that happen before? It doesn't feel any different while riding and the squelching seems to disappear after a little while riding. I just realized it's been well over 500 miles since I got the shock so I'm hoping it's just that it needs some basic servicing. Any other ideas?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
Sounds like it could be low bladder pressure. You may want to check the pressure and make sure it is in the recommended range.

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
Yeah I double checked the bladder pressure too (I have it at about 190 psi). I even tried pumping up the main air can and then the bladder from 0 to my regular settings, but I'm still getting the noise. Thanks for the advice though!

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
brassmonkayy wrote:
Yeah I double checked the bladder pressure too (I have it at about 190 psi). I even tried pumping up the main air can and then the bladder from 0 to my regular settings, but I'm still getting the noise. Thanks for the advice though!

No worries. Did you follow the procedure of cycling the shock every 50psi to equalize pressure in pos and neg chambers?

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
brassmonkayy wrote:
The past couple of weeks, my Topaz has developed a sort of squelching noise like sucking air in when it rebounds. It's especially noticeable when I first get on the bike or compress the back end down and let it rebound after it's been sitting for a bit. Anyone else have that happen before? It doesn't feel any different while riding and the squelching seems to disappear after a little while riding. I just realized it's been well over 500 miles since I got the shock so I'm hoping it's just that it needs some basic servicing. Any other ideas?
Mine did something similar when it was new. It had air in the oil. Ronnie did a bleed, and it was all good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015914
Mobile Version of Website