Powered by Outside

Tyee 2020

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 9:20 Quote
Yeah, bearings were shot.Had them replaced with SKF bearings, then on reinstall of the shock, the upper shock bolt just never torqued up and kept spinning. Cant believe it. New Pro 10 rocker and bolt on the way from Propain.

But what a pain in the arse.

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
GEO147 wrote:
Yeah, bearings were shot.Had them replaced with SKF bearings, then on reinstall of the shock, the upper shock bolt just never torqued up and kept spinning. Cant believe it. New Pro 10 rocker and bolt on the way from Propain.

But what a pain in the arse.

Oh thats a shocker!! I hope it turns up quickly for you.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
The new weapon arrived today after near 10 months of waiting. She is an absolute beaut of a thing! Came with a float X2 instead of a dpx2, big shock!

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Hi, I tried a tyee with a superdeluxe with around 175psi for my 75kg (25% sag) and I was bottoming out all the time dropping just 0.5m drop. I added 25psi more and it was better but I'm pretty sure that ridding harder it would have the same problem. Dou u think I tried a broken shox o whats wrong? It make sense psi/weight/sag? Thanks

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
Reckon there will be a 2022 Tyee or will they do another year of 2020 model?

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
The OEM-part delivery times are running in the years... Order a bike now, means delivery somewhere in 2022 based on the chosen spec. (Not only with Propain, but most brands.)

I would expect a refined model (cable routing like the spindrift for example), but an effective launch is impossible at the moment I would say. So across the board brands are holding back some launches, or maybe cancelling a revision of certain models.

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
javide10 wrote:
Hi, I tried a tyee with a superdeluxe with around 175psi for my 75kg (25% sag) and I was bottoming out all the time dropping just 0.5m drop. I added 25psi more and it was better but I'm pretty sure that ridding harder it would have the same problem. Dou u think I tried a broken shox o whats wrong? It make sense psi/weight/sag? Thanks

Add volume spacer

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 23:57 Quote
My stock bushings were too tight (super deluxe air), so I decided to give offsetbushings a try. The pair I received was worst than the stock one. Once the upper or lower bolt is properly torqued their is no way to rotate the shock by hand.

Sent them a message last week, didn't get an answer. I wouldn't recommend them.

javide10 wrote:
Dou u think I tried a broken shox o whats wrong? It make sense psi/weight/sag? Thanks

72kg, 165psi, 2 tokens works for me.

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
onefrogaday wrote:
My stock bushings were too tight (super deluxe air), so I decided to give offsetbushings a try. The pair I received was worst than the stock one. Once the upper or lower bolt is properly torqued their is no way to rotate the shock by hand.

Sent them a message last week, didn't get an answer. I wouldn't recommend them.

javide10 wrote:
Dou u think I tried a broken shox o whats wrong? It make sense psi/weight/sag? Thanks

72kg, 165psi, 2 tokens works for me.
If you put the shock with brass innersleeve and DU bush in a vice and if it turns freely then, the problem is not a too tight bush.

If it is only when torqued up, the stack of alu spacers plus the DU bush is to much. But a DU bush is easy to trim a bit on a flat file. (or the alu one...but make sure to make it smooth)

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
After thinking a lot I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna purchase for a Propain tyee 27.5 alloy medium size with fox 36 + dhx2 shox. I'm 1'78 and 72kg + lets say about 5kg with all the equipment.

Firstly, I would like to know the the RAD (distance between bottom bracket to the midpoint of the inner section of the grips) from a medium 27.5 tyee. If someone could give me that info it will help me a lot for taking a firm decision for buying this bike.

Secondly, I would like to know if someone had some problems with the DHX2's bushings or is just a problem with the RS's.

Then, I'm not sure about ordering 450 or 500 spring? Propain recomends 450 until 80kg and I'm around 77kg...

Finally, do you recommend to add something else into the basket for taking advantage of the shipping cost? A couple of spare hangers (is this one right: Derailleur Hanger Propain HD incl. Nut)? and a bearing set (Bearing Set Tyee AL MY 20)?

Thanks you very much for your answers!

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
RAD is heavily influenced by setup: stem, and bar, and spacers. Also comparing RAD between bikes with different reach might lead to funny outcomes, like lower stacks...which is not what you want in a gravity bike.

The bushings on my Fox X2 are much better then the one of RS on the other Tyee we have.

I always have an extra hanger with a gravity bike, because those can easily ruin your weekend/holiday if you break/bend them. If you have to order those while on a trip...
Hopefully SRAM UDH will become a standard! One of the few nice new standards.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/product/parts/spareparts/ersatzschaltauge-propain-hd-inkl-mutter/
(That is the one for the AL. CF has a different one)

If you maintain bearings and ride in dry conditions a lot, an extra bearing set would be a bit early I guess. Just don't use powerwashers or soap/detergents (because of the de-greasing solvents in there) on your bike.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
RAD is heavily influenced by setup: stem, and bar, and spacers. Also comparing RAD between bikes with different reach might lead to funny outcomes, like lower stacks...which is not what you want in a gravity bike.

The bushings on my Fox X2 are much better then the one of RS on the other Tyee we have.

I always have an extra hanger with a gravity bike, because those can easily ruin your weekend/holiday if you break/bend them. If you have to order those while on a trip...
Hopefully SRAM UDH will become a standard! One of the few nice new standards.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/product/parts/spareparts/ersatzschaltauge-propain-hd-inkl-mutter/
(That is the one for the AL. CF has a different one)

If you maintain bearings and ride in dry conditions a lot, an extra bearing set would be a bit early I guess. Just don't use powerwashers or soap/detergents (because of the de-greasing solvents in there) on your bike.

I would like to know the RAD with 50mm steam and 30mm rise bars... If you I could have an idea if u tell my your set up. Medium size 27.5 please

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
I only have an L 29 and S 27,5 here...

But you can calculate it from reach and stack and fork angle:
- just add spacers + half stem height along fork axis.
- assume rise vertical and correct horizontally for back sweep of handlebar of your liking.
tup

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 3:55 Quote
javide10 wrote:

I would like to know the RAD with 50mm steam and 30mm rise bars... If you I could have an idea if u tell my your set up. Medium size 27.5 please

I've never heared of that RAD measurement. But I have a 27,5" M. From the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the bar clamp (50mm stem, 1cm spacers beneath) it's around 83,5cm. My bars have 20mm rise and I rund them rolled quite a bit forward, so that measurement probably wouldn't help you and it's not that different (maybe 84).
I hope that helps!

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
Soo my Tyee AL finally arrived and it looks amazing, I got size L, waited since July but was worth it I think.

I immediately replaced the bushings for the ones from mr. Huber and they fitted like a glove and I've also put on my Title stem and handlebars and am waiting for front mudguard to match the front glossy style and keeping the rest of the bike in the matte. Top tube cover is Helfare from Dyedbro and I love how it turned out.

For anyone thinking about the Petrol matte color, it is looking way more like a petrol(more greenish) in real life, any came makes it just plain blue.

Here is a picture from my living room, once I get it for a spin I will post more pictures and some findings. Smile

photo

cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009895
Mobile Version of Website