Powered by Outside

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
I re-build my Evil calling with lighter parts. Haven't ridden it for 6 month (tried to sell the frame but nobody wanted it Frown )
2kg lighter than my previous build. ( air shock, pike ultimate and really light aluminium wheels 1620gr, tires)

Almost finished ! Brakes are missing because I hesitate with the color (Hope's brake) . Stem is not the good one.

Evil Calling size large

Evil Calling size large

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Really nice built dude

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Really nice built dude
Looks like a nice build, what wheels did you end up putting on there? I have a similar light build on an Offering, but with a Fox 36.

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
I found old Stan's notubes Arch MK3 on sales (but brand new) for 215€ (210$ incl vat) in a local bike shop Big Grin

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 6:15 Quote
And total built weight is….

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 16:09 Quote
I have a Following V3 and I'm considering maybe installing an Ohlins ttx22 coil shock. I am wondering if any of you have installed a coil shock on your Following? Did it make a noticeable difference and was it a worthwhile upgrade?
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
I didn’t realize they made a coil in the 165X45 sizing. I thought it was only the air that they make in that size. I was pretty certain it was just push and ext that make a coil that fits the following.
I have a ttx22 on two of my other bikes. And enduro and a demo. It’s a great shock. Very magic carpet. And very supple. I have the push on my following v3 and it’s awesome as well though a different feeling completely. Probably more to do with travel than shock it’s self.

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 22:31 Quote
Did you notice the extra weight or a major difference in climbing when you installed the Push?

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
Not weight so much as plushness. It’s a hair less responsive on the climbs than the super deluxe but I’d take it all day for comfort of climbing and the performance gains down hill

Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 21:31 Quote
Theres a few other shocks that I am considering. For air shocks its the new 2023 Super deluxe ultimate, the Öhlins TTX Air, or the Cane Creek DB inline. For coils the other option I am considering besides the TTX22M is the 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil as they now make that one and the air version of the Super Deluxe in 165x45mm. Which shock out of both the air and coil shocks listed above would suit the offering best? Just looking for people's opinions. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 1:30 Quote
Finally got my hands on the dream bike. Love everything about it, was pretty torn about the sizing though between the Small and Medium V3 Wreckoning. At 5'7, the small ended up riding amazingly well for my first 29er, and I mostly came from medium modern bikes, but I'm starting to think I've maybe been on the wrong size this whole time. Or maybe it's the 29in wheels? Either way, I can't stop daydreaming about being on this bike. Anyone else in here 5'7, 160lbs-ish have suspension settings they could share? Currently have the RSD Coil and Zeb Ult at fully open HSC/LSC, but I can tell I'm going to need to dial it in a bit more. Rebound setting seems fine at 9 clicks from open. Also must say I've enjoyed reading the forum from about page 300!

photo
photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Theres a few other shocks that I am considering. For air shocks its the new 2023 Super deluxe ultimate, the Öhlins TTX Air, or the Cane Creek DB inline. For coils the other option I am considering besides the TTX22M is the 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil as they now make that one and the air version of the Super Deluxe in 165x45mm. Which shock out of both the air and coil shocks listed above would suit the offering best? Just looking for people's opinions. Thanks!

I have ohlins ttx2 air on my insurgent and it’s the best I’ve ridden. Hoping to get my hands on the new RS ultimate air for testing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012813
Mobile Version of Website