Powered by Outside

The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Trail-killer wrote:
Yea can get totem for 250gbp. Rc \ rc2? - issue's, things to look out for?
Issues: it's discontinued and RS wont have parts for it for much longer....

dont need parts for totems they are living terminators with self regeneration properties...

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Trail-killer wrote:

dont need parts for totems they are living terminators with self regeneration properties...

So they're a fork sent back from the future?

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:34 Quote
debonis wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nobble wrote:

mind blown eh? thats right blown!

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:34 Quote
debonis wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nobble wrote:

from a future full of freeride where you ride just for fun and where overkill and overbuild is rad... oh wait

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:

Nothing to really check for, just make sure seals are good etc etc.. Same checks as any other fork Smile

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
someone post an overkill vid its been said its a rule!

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
the band the band!!!
shit... listened to them all day last day... I failed Mr. magnum

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
Do you reckon these pads have had it?

http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/11952630/

Ive sanded them and cleaned them with meth spirits to clean the dust

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
ForTKNoX101 wrote:

It's impossible to tell from a picture TBH. I've always been told to stay away from methylated spirit because it leaves a residue. Isopropanol alcohol is the stuff you want. Not sure if there's any truth in it but IPA smells nicer.

Most times when pads get contaminated they stay contaminated. Sure you might be able to fix them temporarily but only for a few rides. They can only have light contamination and you have to be lucky to be able to fix it.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 23:33 Quote
its-chris wrote:

GRACIA

So Cedric's also from the future?

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 0:05 Quote
peter413 wrote:
ForTKNoX101 wrote:

It's impossible to tell from a picture TBH. I've always been told to stay away from methylated spirit because it leaves a residue. Isopropanol alcohol is the stuff you want. Not sure if there's any truth in it but IPA smells nicer.

Most times when pads get contaminated they stay contaminated. Sure you might be able to fix them temporarily but only for a few rides. They can only have light contamination and you have to be lucky to be able to fix it.

Aww that's fair enough, they don't look like what they used to when I first had them so I think they've had it.

Whats the correct way to bleed my brake because I've been looking on YouTube and there's two ways ive seen so far

1 push oil through the caliper into the resiviour then into the bleed pot, tap the pipes for any bubbles

2 same as done above, but then put a pipe on the bleed nipple into a bag and pump the brake lever, then tapping the pipes

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 0:42 Quote
I push the oil up from the caliper to the lever. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the funnel as it can overflow if you're not careful. After that if the fluids mucky remove it from the funnel and replace with some fresh fluid and finish the bleed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.528168
Mobile Version of Website