Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
bajawfo wrote:
First test ride on new (old) build. Head tube too tight was the scariest thing ha ha.
First test ride

Love that color on the gambler

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
bajawfo wrote:
First test ride on new (old) build. Head tube too tight was the scariest thing ha ha.
First test ride
Love the paint scheme on your frame man!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:06 Quote
That's quite a bit of rise on those bars. You must be really tall.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 23:14 Quote
5-'11" but ya frame is taking some used too, It don't climb well, neither do I, Its hard to find a perfect transfer from dirtbikes to MTB's. But I'm trying ! Way to many baby heads around for my liking.. and hikers hate MTB's around here, they set set up tons of booby-traps for us .... Moving to PNW soon !! Later Hicks !

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
My 2013 Gambler. Have only taken it out a couple of times since I got it before last winter.

photo

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
Can you recommend a bar rise ? I want to try something else.
ThunderChunk wrote:

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
Straight bars. Chromag OSX

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 15:46 Quote
I know it has been said somewhere that air shocks are not ideal for the newer gambler frames because of the built in ramp up in the linkage but I wonder how a cane creek xv can would do. Also I have seen the new fox X2 float on Neko's bike and looked into it and it has removable volume spacers kinda like the rs pike so may be a viable option?

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 2:21 Quote
bajawfo wrote:
Can you recommend a bar rise ? I want to try something else.
ThunderChunk wrote:

It's personal preference and depends on your bike. My Scott gambler came with flat bars. I hated them. My back would be sore from leaning too far forward. I shortened the stem (it'adustable) and bought 20mm risers. Feels perfect now.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
So I've ripped the mech hanger and exploded the derailleur this weekend, so was thinking might as well upgrade the groupset.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Was thinking; Shimano Zee M640 Shadow+ 10 Speed Rear Mech,
Shimano 105 5700 10 Speed Road Cassette
Shimano Zee M640 1x10sp Trigger Shifter
KMC X10-93 10 Speed Chain

Also is it main dealer only for mech hanger?

Its for a Gambler 730.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 22:59 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I know it has been said somewhere that air shocks are not ideal for the newer gambler frames because of the built in ramp up in the linkage but I wonder how a cane creek xv can would do. Also I have seen the new fox X2 float on Neko's bike and looked into it and it has removable volume spacers kinda like the rs pike so may be a viable option?
er I ran a bos void on my gambler with no problems whatsoever

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 1:31 Quote
jonnyfingers wrote:
So I've ripped the mech hanger and exploded the derailleur this weekend, so was thinking might as well upgrade the groupset.

Its for a Gambler 730.

That's exactly the setup I've bought to upgrade my drivetrain and it works okay'ish:

I wouldn't recommend a KMC chain it has snapped links a couple of times, I'm going with a SRAM 10 speed next time.

I've had my mechanic friend look over the rear mech because I seem to have an issue with the chain being too slack in the highest gear or too tight in the lowest gear (I made sure to get the close ratio mech with the 11-28 cassette). What size front ring are you planning on running it with?

Make sure you put some thread lock on the mech before screwing it into the hanger, mine came loose at Ft Bill and before I'd noticed it had chewed into the hangar and meant I needed to buy a new one.

I've bought 2 hangers from here now and they have been fine, look like a proper replacement and not a copy.
http://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/%22229735/SCT%22&ViewAction=ViewProduct

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 1:53 Quote
Cheers Hiroschima. I was tempted with a hollow pin sram 10 speed chain.
The front chainring I'll be running is 36t.
Not sure if I need the wide or close ratio mech though.

Hiroschima wrote:
jonnyfingers wrote:

Its for a Gambler 730.

That's exactly the setup I've bought to upgrade my drivetrain and it works okay'ish:

I wouldn't recommend a KMC chain it has snapped links a couple of times, I'm going with a SRAM 10 speed next time.

I've had my mechanic friend look over the rear mech because I seem to have an issue with the chain being too slack in the highest gear or too tight in the lowest gear (I made sure to get the close ratio mech with the 11-28 cassette). What size front ring are you planning on running it with?

Make sure you put some thread lock on the mech before screwing it into the hanger, mine came loose at Ft Bill and before I'd noticed it had chewed into the hangar and meant I needed to buy a new one.

I've bought 2 hangers from here now and they have been fine, look like a proper replacement and not a copy.
http://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/%22229735/SCT%22&ViewAction=ViewProduct

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 4:29 Quote
Thought i'd post up my new bike. Only shredded once up my local but feels wicked.

New whip

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 14:10 Quote
Hey, one more here. Just finished a huge setup to raise bar super high: high crown, 50mm rise bar and 6mm rise stem. Looks creepy, but im 1.95 tall (6'5'') and my back isnt healthy enough to run low bars. What do you think? It is 16.9kg over there for local smooth trails, and up to 18.1kg for big mountains...
Scott Gambler 20 2013 L

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016273
Mobile Version of Website