Powered by Outside

Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 4:35 Quote
effeffeff wrote:
Really stunning build!
What did you use as frame protection (carbon look)?
I am still looking for another solution than the current 3 layers of 3m foil on my izzo. The rocks on my hometrails are plenty and loose.

Rockguardz, and other than that just some thick vinyl with a carbon patter to cover up the YT logo on the downtube.
https://rockguardz.com/product/rockguardz/yt/izzo/yt-industries-izzo-carbon/

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 9:01 Quote
Another L or XL query. I am 6' with long arms and legs, but short torso. My current hardtail with 165 cranks measures 79cm from BB center to saddle rail. Recommendations?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 7:28 Quote
Lower shock mounting -- drive side.

Just built up a new Izzo (actually a 2021 Comp, not Core). Does this look right?

photo

I cant find any random bolts or blanking plates rattling around inside the packing box. But seems odd not to have finished this better on the carbon frame.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 11:24 Quote
That is weird. I wonder if something happened with the original threaded insert and this is the factory's attempt at repairing it. I would definitely be reaching out to YT. I expect is shouldn't cause problems but I wouldn't want to be worrying about it.

My 2022 core 4 below for reference.
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
No issues. This is my 2020 Izzo pro. Looks same as Agents

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 7:28 Quote
Went for the large since the Core 3 was $1,000 off today. I couldn't pass it up.

Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 9:53 Quote
wanderingbike wrote:
Went for the large since the Core 3 was $1,000 off today. I couldn't pass it up.

Same here. I was looking at used bikes for just under what the Core 3 ended up costing. I'm so glad to not have to deal with the used markets anymore. Especially after my first complete bike purchase here ended up being a scam.

Excited to join the group. I don't use Facebook but the owners here talking about the lack of issues was great to read after hitting that purchase button.

I guess I'll be buying some frame protection next since this is my first new MTB and my first carbon frame. Eek
I was surprised to see how clean ChallengeButter's bike is. That's a very nice looking Izzo. Is a carbon downtube protector like the Rockguardz a better solution than film protection?

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 11:59 Quote
Yes

baconwhiskey wrote:
wanderingbike wrote:

Same here. I was looking at used bikes for just under what the Core 3 ended up costing. I'm so glad to not have to deal with the used markets anymore. Especially after my first complete bike purchase here ended up being a scam.

Excited to join the group. I don't use Facebook but the owners here talking about the lack of issues was great to read after hitting that purchase button.

Yes
I guess I'll be buying some frame protection next since this is my first new MTB and my first carbon frame. Eek
I was surprised to see how clean ChallengeButter's bike is. That's a very nice looking Izzo. Is a carbon downtube protector like the Rockguardz a better solution than film protection?

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 16:58 Quote
I am pissed that Izzo's dropped a grand. I just bought one and they basically said we can't do anything because I bought too long ago, 5 months. I love the bike and would have still bought it. Just a little frustrating.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 23:17 Quote
Esmond wrote:
I am pissed that Izzo's dropped a grand. I just bought one and they basically said we can't do anything because I bought too long ago, 5 months. I love the bike and would have still bought it. Just a little frustrating.
Back in 2018, i bought a Jeffsy and a couple weeks later they dropped the price. I messaged them expecting nothing and they sent me the discount back so I'm very happy with them. 5 months does sound like a long time though

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 12:59 Quote
Agree with you just sharing my frustration. In fact my nephew bought an Izzo today after I shared the price with him, he is a poor college student who deserves the discount.

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 17:59 Quote
Can anyone confirm the post clamp diameter for the Izzo? YT told me it is 35.6mm but that doesn't seem to be a common size.

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 18:11 Quote
baconwhiskey wrote:
Can anyone confirm the post clamp diameter for the Izzo? YT told me it is 35.6mm but that doesn't seem to be a common size.
From the tech drawing…
seatpost diameter 31,6mm
seatpostclamp inner diameter 35,6mm

Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 19:58 Quote
baconwhiskey wrote:

Yeah just to confirm again, I just had a look and the clamp says 35.6

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013019
Mobile Version of Website