Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 6:36 Quote
Thank you for that info. Seemed odd to me since I didn't find any options in that size on QBP and WolfTooth. Any recommended clamps if anyone has upgraded theirs?

Can you tell me where I can view the tech drawing? I didn't see it on the YT US website.

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
Bikeyoke was the only one I could find in that size, had it for almost a year on my bike and it looks clean.

Posted: Mar 3, 2023 at 18:54 Quote
I saw some posts through this long forum, but not sure if i got the correct info. I have a medium sized Izzo and was looking at the Ohlins TTX2 rear shock. This fits? Do you have to get different mounting hardware than what is used on the fox that came with the bike?
Many thanks and sorry if this was mentioned before...cheers

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 22:14 Quote
mslabbe wrote:
I saw some posts through this long forum, but not sure if i got the correct info. I have a medium sized Izzo and was looking at the Ohlins TTX2 rear shock. This fits? Do you have to get different mounting hardware than what is used on the fox that came with the bike?
Many thanks and sorry if this was mentioned before...cheers

TTX2 air will fit. Reuse your fox hardware.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 16:45 Quote
Anyone on here make the boneheaded mistake I made and accidentally pull their dropper housing too far? Was working on my dropper and "unrouted" the housing. Having a time getting it back in place.

Any advice? or am I looking at crank/BB removal to get access?

TIA!

Posted: Apr 18, 2023 at 16:18 Quote
bmbass wrote:
Anyone on here make the boneheaded mistake I made and accidentally pull their dropper housing too far? Was working on my dropper and "unrouted" the housing. Having a time getting it back in place.

TIA!
Mine got pulled to the bottom, was able to grab it with fish hook remover and pull back up.

Posted: Apr 26, 2023 at 8:10 Quote
bmbass wrote:

TIA!

Yeah yesterday when I was trying to shorten the dropper cable. Took me like an hour and a half to do it. I pulled the housing too far out from the headset end and was then having trouble pushing the cable back out. I assume you're trying to get at the housing where it comes into the seat tube right? Mine was getting stuck on the bottom of the seat tube where it meets the bottom bracket area. There's like an overhang it was getting caught on. I had to use a really long screwdriver to kind of deflect it forward as I pushed it in from the headtube.

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
I’m 6 and 190, I got a xl and got a smaller sdg post and stem. Fits perfectly. They do run small.

Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 8:23 Quote
Anyone got a hell of a creak from their headtube on this bike? I have the Acros headset. Never had issues on the fork on my Stumpy, but the new Izzo frame, and headset I got it's so so loud.
Assuming it's not the fork as I never heard it until now.. It's got that knock box system too. Upgrade to a cane creek?

If I hold the front brake and really force the bike forward then back, I can replicate it. It's more of a sudden creak than a long one if that makes any sense!

I've also tried multiple bars/stems so it's not that either.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
chriswcollie wrote:
Anyone got a hell of a creak from their headtube on this bike? I have the Acros headset. Never had issues on the fork on my Stumpy, but the new Izzo frame, and headset I got it's so so loud.
Assuming it's not the fork as I never heard it until now.. It's got that knock box system too. Upgrade to a cane creek?

If I hold the front brake and really force the bike forward then back, I can replicate it. It's more of a sudden creak than a long one if that makes any sense!

I've also tried multiple bars/stems so it's not that either.

Clean/grease everything and then see if it's still there. I don't have any creaks on this bike (it's the ONLY bike I have ever ridden this long with no creaks)

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 16:47 Quote
I'm just under 3k miles on mine and the only creak I have is just the bottom bracket

Posted: Jul 15, 2023 at 23:03 Quote
I had a creaky headtube area on my Izzo that developed about 2k km in. I replaced the headset which improved it but eventually replaced the fork. It never felt unsafe, just disconcerting.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 18:42 Quote
Is the creak coming from the crown to steer tube interface? My current Izzo is creak free, but every bike I have owned for 20 years has eventually developed noise from this spot. I just flip the bike upside down and drip a good bead of Tri-Flow into the joint, then let it soak in overnight. This has always stopped the noise for about 6 months and then reappears asking for more lube.

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 17:01 Quote
At 3k miles mine has developed this creak… on Jeffsy with Rhythm fork greasing top of headset always worked but not this time… gonna grease the bottom and try the Tri-Flow trick as I’ve heard of the creaky Fox crown before… thanks!!!

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2023 at 20:29 Quote
Anyone run a shorter stem than the stock offering? I have a medium so it's a 50mm stem. Looking at the Race Face options, they have a 40mm and a 32mm. I know there are other options for stems (tons of manufacturers). The added control would be nice. The bike fits me pretty well but I do sometimes get hand pain/numbness and was already considering cutting the bars narrower. A shorter stem would shift my weight back a bit without needing to cut the bars (still have the option to do that later). So, anyone have experience with a shorter stem (35mm? 40mm?) on this bike and can provide feedback? Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012951
Mobile Version of Website