SARNIA Riders roll call?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
SARNIA Riders roll call?
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
Look I appreciate what your saying Luc but its not about me its about the job that has to get done. I cant do it all, you cant do it all but what needs to happen is that EVERYONE needs to do there small part to make sure the bigger project gets done. Stop worrying that you dont have someone to dig with, its a pain in the ass to get everybody together anyway, grab a shovel, your ipod and a bottle of water and go do your part......Thats it....Simple. Im not going to stress about this, I have a place to ride if Canatara gets plowed........you gotta ask yourself where your going to ride this year if the trails get knocked down? And if it means the new park doesnt get built, then what? Its up to you, Im not going to judge anyone or blame anyone, Im just the messenger.
Nate

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
Hey everybody.....Im looking for some bike parts, the first thing is a decent shimano hub or just the freehub body (either way if you have a spare). Secondly Im looking for a set of wide mtb bars, minimum of 28 inches, I would prefer a 2 inch rise or close. I have a pair of white Deity bars, 26 inches wide to trade or I'll sell them for $45. Let me know. Thanks.
Nate

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
I went and checked out Canatara last night to see whats happening.....looks like street is really blowin up!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
You are correct. I ride dirt alone the majority of the time beacause all the other riders are downtown riding street and park. Alot of the riders want a legit place to ride dirt but dont want to help make one.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 4:10 Quote
I live in forest ontario, and i ride in sarnia quite a bit. In forest we dont have a skatepark or anywhere that is meant for biking so me and a few buddys are always taking shovels places to make dj's or other jumps made from dirt so we can bike. Id be more then willing and so would some of my buddys to come to sarnia for a day or two and help you guys build. We ride cana too, actually i will be there today...

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
Just an update about the New Bike Park, we had a meeting yesterday and it went very well. Over the last 6 months or so I've been getting ideas from everyone about what they would like to see in the new park, I also took into consideration what the City has been saying about safety and there liability. I put a design together trying to keep everyone happy and theres a few pics below of what i came up with. This is NOT the finished design and theres still lots of time to make changes but the City and the Kiwanis needed something to able to contract a builder and get a quote. No one has said that we can or will have the money to build something this big but if you dont ask you will never get!
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
wow man that looks GREAT! i really hope we get this going it will be great for the city and the bikers is it going to be in canatara or in this other spot iv heard we have

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
Yeah I should have mentioned that the location is set, if you look in the left hand top corner of the first pic you'll see the corner of the Aninmal Farm parking lot. The kiwanis wanted it close to the animal farm and the City wanted it out in the open where it could be monitored.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
mxnate wrote:
Yeah I should have mentioned that the location is set, if you look in the left hand top corner of the first pic you'll see the corner of the Aninmal Farm parking lot. The kiwanis wanted it close to the animal farm and the City wanted it out in the open where it could be monitored.
alright cool that sounds fair enough as long as we get one eh!

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
Hey, this is a call out to anybody (serious only) who would be interested in helping to cut Cross Country XC trails in and around Canatara park. The idea is to do what we can over the winter so that the trails are ready to ride in the spring. We'll basically be using rakes, tree trimmers and some light shovel work to expose exixting trails and to cut some new ones, not difficult work but it does take time. The bike park (Jumps) is already in the works and all the hard work on that is being done for us so this is a way we can give a little back and develop some wicked trails for a wider biking community. Just respond if your interested and I'll put your name and number on a call list.
thanks.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 3:55 Quote
havent you already heard about the big plans for Canatara?

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:

Are you talking about the dirt jump park or does this have something to do with Cross country trails? I've done all I can do with respect to the dirt jumps, now Im trying to develop the trail network in the park so we have more ride options. Is there something I dont know about??????? Man, I'd be pissed!

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 8:12 Quote
mxnate wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:

Are you talking about the dirt jump park or does this have something to do with Cross country trails? I've done all I can do with respect to the dirt jumps, now Im trying to develop the trail network in the park so we have more ride options. Is there something I dont know about??????? Man, I'd be pissed!

oh im not quite sure but i think its gonna be well rounded

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021786
Mobile Version of Website