Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Thankey wrote:
Hi thinking of getting a yt tues al base but not sure what size to get the large or extra large.I am 6 foot.anyone have any experience for this.

Thanks
Tobin

XL for Sure. I've ridden a carbon 27.5 in Large and I'm same height as you and it felt short.

Ok thank you also why does the shape of the upper crown change shape if you go for a XL

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Thankey wrote:
bogdanc wrote:
Thankey wrote:
Hi thinking of getting a yt tues al base but not sure what size to get the large or extra large.I am 6 foot.anyone have any experience for this.

Thanks
Tobin

XL for Sure. I've ridden a carbon 27.5 in Large and I'm same height as you and it felt short.

Ok thank you also why does the shape of the upper crown change shape if you go for a XL
because of the increase of headtube height. From a certain height you need a different top crown.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
Shot in the dark here as no one has posted for a few months

I picked up a 2017 Tues AL

I need a new headset among other things...

Acros says that's its ZS56 top and bottom

Has anyone replaced one with a better brand? As all i've seem about them are bad reviews.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
T-ward wrote:

Has anyone replaced one with a better brand? As all i've seem about them are bad reviews.

I used a Cane Creek in my 2019 and it never made noise again

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
DHhack wrote:
T-ward wrote:

I used a Cane Creek in my 2019 and it never made noise again

I replaced bottom headset assembly with cane creek 40 and been good so far

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 3:26 Quote
rob83 wrote:
sdaly wrote:
On a cf pro with the x2 shock, anyone else getting a bit of a clunking noise on the rear during compression when hitting bumps?

I did on a cf pro race, turned out to be the b-limit screw backed itself out on the derailler after about 4 runs in whistler. Check to make sure your derailler is not hitting the frame. I tightened it and added blue loctite on the screw.

I recently bought the 2023 YT TUES Core 4 (carbon) and, starting at the first ride, I noticed some loud knocking/clunking noise from the back wheel in very rare situations under high compression. It was particularly noticeable riding down large steps and when landing some jumps.

I have yet to confirm my suspicion, but I'm 70% sure the abovementioned derailleur problem is what causes the noise in my case, too. The derailleur is ever so slightly dented and the frame's paint is slightly cracked and shows a white spot, where the derailleur most likely hit.

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 8:56 Quote
My 2019 , 29 inch (same as latest model) is doing the clunking on low gears when the deraileur is hitting the frame. You can try to minimize it with B screw, but it's not perfect. I've even added some padding there but it's still a bit annoying

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 9:26 Quote
sigmaxi wrote:
rob83 wrote:
sdaly wrote:
On a cf pro with the x2 shock, anyone else getting a bit of a clunking noise on the rear during compression when hitting bumps?

I did on a cf pro race, turned out to be the b-limit screw backed itself out on the derailler after about 4 runs in whistler. Check to make sure your derailler is not hitting the frame. I tightened it and added blue loctite on the screw.

I recently bought the 2023 YT TUES Core 4 (carbon) and, starting at the first ride, I noticed some loud knocking/clunking noise from the back wheel in very rare situations under high compression. It was particularly noticeable riding down large steps and when landing some jumps.

I have yet to confirm my suspicion, but I'm 70% sure the abovementioned derailleur problem is what causes the noise in my case, too. The derailleur is ever so slightly dented and the frame's paint is slightly cracked and shows a white spot, where the derailleur most likely hit.
Same happened to me on my first day at the bike park. B-limit screw backed out and the derailleur body was hitting the chain stay on compressions.

Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 0:27 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
sigmaxi wrote:
rob83 wrote:

Same happened to me on my first day at the bike park. B-limit screw backed out and the derailleur body was hitting the chain stay on compressions.

Thanks for also confirming this issue. In the meantime, I adjusted the b-limit screw and had no further issues/clunks in the bikepark. YT also replied to my support request, confirming that they too think that the b-limit was the issue.

Hopefully this discussion helps others track down similar issues faster, because it took me several days to crawl the internet and find the one post (from 2017) in this forum.

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 7:22 Quote
Hi, I'm looking for a blingy seat post clamp for my 2020 YT capra base 27.5. I have had no luck online finding what seat post clamp size i need. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 7:37 Quote
Southeast-Shredder wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a blingy seat post clamp for my 2020 YT capra base 27.5. I have had no luck online finding what seat post clamp size i need. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Smile

If the size isn't printed or etched on the seatpost or clamp then you could measure yourself with a cheap vernier caliper. I found online that it was originally equipped with a YT Postman seatpost sized 31.6 mm.

It's a good start.

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 8:43 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Southeast-Shredder wrote:

If the size isn't printed or etched on the seatpost or clamp then you could measure yourself with a cheap vernier caliper. I found online that it was originally equipped with a YT Postman seatpost sized 31.6 mm.

It's a good start.
You most likely need a 34.9mm clamp.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009786
Mobile Version of Website