Powered by Outside

Post Your Rocky Mountain!!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
I have a question ...... If i buy the frame with the headset ( FSA ) and the monoshock ( Fox DHX 4.0 )
What other components do I need to mount the bike to complete it ?
• Fork
• handlebar
• stem
• knobs
• crank dx + sx
• sprocket
• Chain
• front derailleur and rear
• comand
• sheats
• bottom bracket
• circles
• tires
• pliers
• disc
• pads brake
• levers
• saddle
• seatpost collar
I missed something ? Wink

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 22:27 Quote
RMSSXC08 wrote:
I have a question ...... If i buy the frame with the headset ( FSA ) and the monoshock ( Fox DHX 4.0 )
What other components do I need to mount the bike to complete it ?
• Fork
• handlebar
• stem
• knobs
• crank dx + sx
• sprocket
• Chain
• front derailleur and rear
• comand
• sheats
• bottom bracket
• circles
• tires
• pliers
• disc
• pads brake
• levers
• saddle
• seatpost collar
I missed something ? Wink
wow,that all depends on the type of riding you do,where you ride,how fit you are and how good you are at servicing and repairing bikes,buy quality,easily maintained components(HOPE for example) every time,buy the best you can afford,research and read reviews is a good place to start,pink bike forums.

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 2:03 Quote
For example i'm 1.86 m wich Size fit me ?

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 12:42 Quote
RMSSXC08 wrote:
For example i'm 1.86 m wich Size fit me ?

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
Medium size ? Or large size ? Because 19 is large and 18 is medium

Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 19:01 Quote
Rocky Mountain Switch SL 2005 . A recent rebuild from parts collected over the past six or so months. Frame was a mess so dipped and powder-coated matt black. Truvativ Hussevelt crank Isis DH BB Easton Havoc 750mm bar Thompson stem Boxxer Race fork 7 Fox DHX 5.0 shock Promax brakes Sun Rhyno Lite rims V-racing Stout 2.6 on the front and Highroller 2.7 on the rear... Everything s been fully rebuilt. Broke my wrist on Saturday so can t test ride for a week or two but pretty stoked with the build... Built as a spare bike for my brothers and friends - to tempt them off their XC bikes.
Rocky Mountain Switch SL (2005?)
A bit of a 'frankenbike', cobbled together from parts collected over the past six or so months.
Frame was a mess, so dipped and powder-coated matt black.
Truvativ Hussevelt crank, Isis DH BB, Easton Havoc 750mm bar, Thompson stem, Boxxer Race fork (8"), Fox DHX 5.0 shock, Promax brakes, Sun Rhyno Lite rims, V-racing 'Stout' 2.6 on the front and Highroller 2.7 on the rear...
Everything's old, but all fully rebuilt.
Fork was $40, frame and shock $120 etc, so the whole build cost less than $800.
Broke my wrist on Saturday, so can't test ride for a week or two, but pretty stoked with the build...
Built as a spare bike for my brothers and friends - to tempt them off their XC bikes.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
photo

photo

photo

Went to a 34 ring and a bash, new rear wheelset, pedals, and some Elixer 5's. Other than that, it's factory 2007 shit.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 21:46 Quote
dropinbiking92 wrote:
photo

photo

photo

Went to a 34 ring and a bash, new rear wheelset, pedals, and some Elixer 5's. Other than that, it's factory 2007 shit.
nice ride man,what you think of the ride,how's it compare to other rigs you've had?

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 0:40 Quote
First FS, first hydraulic brakes. Can't say much. I will say it is very well put together. Nothing is an obvious weak link. For a bike as old as it is, it still stands up. It's handled everything I've thrown at it. Stopped in at the LBS a few times today to adjust the air pressures in my fork. Feels better now Smile

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 8:00 Quote
dropinbiking92 wrote:
First FS, first hydraulic brakes. Can't say much. I will say it is very well put together. Nothing is an obvious weak link. For a bike as old as it is, it still stands up. It's handled everything I've thrown at it. Stopped in at the LBS a few times today to adjust the air pressures in my fork. Feels better now Smile
ive had mine about a year,handles everything DH to XC,great on the downhills,shock not great for the climbing but worth the effort IMO.

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
I like the valving of the shock, climbing hasn't been an issue so far. I usually have been locking it out (or close to) for climbs, but I've found a happy medium now.

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 20:54 Quote
photo
Just my 2010 FR, got new brakes, new pedals,bars,stem, headset, grips, cranks, springs (rear and fork), rotors and soon to get a new shifter, fork and probably wheels. (and saddle)

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 13:19 Quote
Mazahaka13 wrote:
photo
Just my 2010 FR, got new brakes, new pedals,bars,stem, headset, grips, cranks, springs (rear and fork), rotors and soon to get a new shifter, fork and probably wheels. (and saddle)
Looks like a all purpose build. Very nice

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021274
Mobile Version of Website