damn, double posted

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
14pslope wrote:
naptime wrote:
Just to be an antagonist.....
My Hope 10mm bolt ups have never shifted, EVER
soz..
mine either but they do have great washers built into the bolts

I swapped out for Ti bolts an washers. Saved near on 70g !! An cheap Chinese so only cost me £10!!
But yeah deep serrated axle an washers hold that hub tight

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
Edit: F*ck, I was just responding to conversation a few pages back. Still valid though.

One benefit of a slope bike is that you can also ride it as a kind of mini gravity oriented trail bike. They are super fun on high speed flow trails and a lot of stuff where a hardtail might start to feel a little sketchy just because of the terrain. They are useful beyond their intended purpose! Most people would prefer to have dedicated dj and trail bikes though.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
Still learning about this DJ stuff. The PBJ has a Joytech D236SBT rear hub with a 12t cog. Is there such thing as getting an 11t or 10t cog for this hub? Would like the gearing to be a little harder (currently stock 25:12 gearing). Thanks gents

Mod
Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Edit: F*ck, I was just responding to conversation a few pages back. Still valid though.

One benefit of a slope bike is that you can also ride it as a kind of mini gravity oriented trail bike. They are super fun on high speed flow trails and a lot of stuff where a hardtail might start to feel a little sketchy just because of the terrain. They are useful beyond their intended purpose! Most people would prefer to have dedicated dj and trail bikes though.

exactly why i want one

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Still learning about this DJ stuff. The PBJ has a Joytech D236SBT rear hub with a 12t cog. Is there such thing as getting an 11t or 10t cog for this hub? Would like the gearing to be a little harder (currently stock 25:12 gearing). Thanks gents

No sorry, 12 is as low as it will go. You’ll need to go up a couple on the front.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 1:31 Quote
What do you guys think of the new propain trickshot? It's only 1499$ and it's really good for it's price. I mean for a stock bike weighting in under 10,8 kg (unless you go with large size) it's mental considering it's price. Plus the adjustable dropouts and the gyro holes I mean it's a win win situation, honestly I regret wasting my money on a p3 where only the frame and the fork are worth the money, everything else breaks after one year of use so rip me I guess. Also you can get it custom painted, well good thing the p3 costs almost 1k more and you can only choose one color that looks pretty bad honestly

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 2:39 Quote
Nice, not usually a fan of adjustable drops but, those look pretty solid!

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
Okay so recently I've started looking for a new frame since my p3 is way too big for my size, too bad I didn't know much about frame sizes etc back when I got the bike. I would like something with around 400 mm reach. The p3 has 423 mm if I'm not mistaken and even though it feels super comfy even at high speeds, it's not any maneuverable at all. I've been looking at those small size commencal absolut frames, pretty dang pricey but they're lightweight and they seem to have everything I might need. Do tou guys have personally tried the commencal absolut or know of somebody that has? Also any other frame suggestions?

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
Tips to reduce weight on my DJ? I'm currently on a Chromag Monk. The DJ weight goal is under 10kg. Any help?

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 19:31 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Tips to reduce weight on my DJ? I'm currently on a Chromag Monk. The DJ weight goal is under 10kg. Any help?

Wheels, tires, and fork are a good place to start.

What's the spec?

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 19:36 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Wheels, tires, and fork are a good place to start.

What's the spec?
I am running a fully stock 2019 Chromag Monk.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 20:44 Quote
Under 10kg is not a casual ask. It will take a full rebuild to achieve this and will cost a significant amount of money.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
The monk is chromo isn't it?

That's your first spot

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028590
Mobile Version of Website