What is your favorite kind of beer

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What is your favorite kind of beer
Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 18:45 Quote
Only thing I've aged long enough to make a difference is Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout. And it was amazing. Aged it for a year. Would definitely recommend aging that beer. When I move into a house I'm definitely picking up a 4 pack and aging it for at least 2 years this time.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 22:56 Quote
That is dedication to good beer.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
Aging beer is very rewarding, but please do get info on what you age, not all beers are good to keep, in fact, majority cannot be kept more than a year and it doen't get better in that time. Idealy, ask the brewer or someone who really knows about the beer you would like to age. But if you do, you won't regret the wait.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 7:09 Quote
Ya, as a rule, higher alcohol content is a good sign that they can be aged. However that's not a hard rule. What I've heard points to the fact that darker high alcohol content lends itself best for aging.

If you're thinking about aging a beer just google it first. Chances are someone has aged it at some point and can let you know if it's an "ageable" beer

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 9:30 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
Ya, as a rule, higher alcohol content is a good sign that they can be aged. However that's not a hard rule. What I've heard points to the fact that darker high alcohol content lends itself best for aging.

If you're thinking about aging a beer just google it first. Chances are someone has aged it at some point and can let you know if it's an "ageable" beer

What you need to do is pick up a 4 pack of the new dogfish beer. I'm going to pick up a few of them to age. One thing I'm going to miss leaving my current house for my new house is my cool room. I have a room that stays the same temperature year round. It's an offshoot of my basement. Gonna miss that room.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
MaxAlary wrote:
Aging beer is very rewarding, but please do get info on what you age, not all beers are good to keep, in fact, majority cannot be kept more than a year and it doen't get better in that time. Idealy, ask the brewer or someone who really knows about the beer you would like to age. But if you do, you won't regret the wait.

If you want a good one to start with. Lagunitas Gnarlywine. Start there.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 13:20 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

What you need to do is pick up a 4 pack of the new dogfish beer. I'm going to pick up a few of them to age. One thing I'm going to miss leaving my current house for my new house is my cool room. I have a room that stays the same temperature year round. It's an offshoot of my basement. Gonna miss that room.

That would be so nice and I've only heard good things about aging DFH brews.

About the Yuengling. Got super busy and forgot about it. Hope to get it shipped soon. Hope its better late than never.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
No worries. It's not an xmas gift or anything. It's just a gift for a friend of mine because I know he'll appreciate it. I'm fine if you want to wait on it until after the holidays. I know it's a gnarly busy time right now. So no stress.

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 20:53 Quote
Gibson, Ill give that imperial stout a try. Beer tup

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 19:14 Quote
Innis & Gunn rum finish Drool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013483
Mobile Version of Website