Powered by Outside

DELETE

PB Forum :: 29ers
DELETE
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
id deffinatly go for shifter and levers in one, its a sporty looking bike and wouldnt look right without it..

iv just seen this after a quick look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shimano-Tiagra-9-Speed-STI-Shifters-Groupset-/320577225267?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR
its all pretty good parts and will go for less than buying individualy(before thinking its really expensive price how much it would be individualy though, it would still probs be worth it if it got up to about 200

that would mean the only mechanical part left to get would be brakes..

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48206
Found this seat post, its really cheap, so you can have a rideable bike. Then later you can upgrade to a nice CF one. tup

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
Cheers for the help lads, I really want those STI's but problem is I can't bid on them as I don't have any cash at the moment Frown

By the way, am I correct that you hold the barkes on with bar tape??? Just I was looking in my bike book and the only way I could guess they're held on is with bar tape!

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
why not save yourself half the money and get a fixed geeaaarrrrrrrrrr, or atleest singlespeed... tup

i seriusly hate gears

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
If you wanna go fast you need gears lol .
I'll keep a look for online sales Smile .

I like gears at the moment lol, my legs just can't hack SS just for now, but when I get used to the road bike and gears I'll probably think about going SS.

kinetic-uk wrote:
Cheers for the help lads, I really want those STI's but problem is I can't bid on them as I don't have any cash at the moment Frown

By the way, am I correct that you hold the barkes on with bar tape??? Just I was looking in my bike book and the only way I could guess they're held on is with bar tape!

they have a clamp that goes around the bar and screws it on, then you wrap bartape over it, simler to how a seatclamp works i guess

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:00 Quote
PNWFreeride wrote:

did 65km/h today on my Plug with flat pedals and no straps, cadence was crazy Fab

...and a reminder: you'll need Campagnolo casette to go on those wheels, shimano or sram wont fit on the freewheel Wink

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:11 Quote
mind you, that is 10 speed one Smile

What i would do if i was building a bike is look for as many second hand stuff as i can, people take off new parts from their bikes and upgrade them right away after the bike purchase so you might get them cheap. At the end, when you're changing bikes you can even make some money on it, or at least not loose much. Salute

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
The one on the lick is a 9sp

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
mind you, that is 10 speed one Smile

What i would do if i was building a bike is look for as many second hand stuff as i can, people take off new parts from their bikes and upgrade them right away after the bike purchase so you might get them cheap. At the end, when you're changing bikes you can even make some money on it, or at least not loose much. Salute

Yep, I'll look on ebay before I go to CRC for bargains, cheers Salute

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:23 Quote
PNWFreeride wrote:
I'll keep a look for online sales Smile .

must be why i overtake every other ride i se on my fixed gear, including the ones with gears...

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:23 Quote
too bad you're far away, i have some of the older goupsets laying around, all left from fixie conversions...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016872
Mobile Version of Website