Powered by Outside

2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
Use 2 condoms, take off the top an roll it down compleetly. Take the 2nd one and roll it down from the opposite side. Remove the acces bit and youre done. Lube up and have blast. This is no joke

Posted: Mar 17, 2012 at 11:18 Quote
guys.. i need help with the settings, am 150lbs and using 2009 RC3 888, my settings are; compression = 6 clicks; spring preload = 10; VA = 1 from fully open.. with these settings i still not be able to get full travel

i also tried no pre-load and fully open VA, but still failed to achieved full travel Frown

BTW, am using the soft spring

thanks for any input

Posted: Mar 17, 2012 at 15:00 Quote
Hmm allready the soft spring. You can try 7,5 w oil. That will help you. Instaed of the original 10 w oil. And u can take out 50cc out of the left leg and that will lower your bottom out resistance. Try that first. Its the easy way

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
downhillmichel wrote:
Hmm allready the soft spring. You can try 7,5 w oil. That will help you. Instaed of the original 10 w oil. And u can take out 50cc out of the left leg and that will lower your bottom out resistance. Try that first. Its the easy way

dude thanks for the reply. am already using 7.5wt, but havent tried to removed 50cc from the left leg... i will try that... thanks

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 22:48 Quote
jkl23ph wrote:
guys.. i need help with the settings, am 150lbs and using 2009 RC3 888, my settings are; compression = 6 clicks; spring preload = 10; VA = 1 from fully open.. with these settings i still not be able to get full travel

i also tried no pre-load and fully open VA, but still failed to achieved full travel Frown

thanks for any input

I run my 09 with just about the same settings and only get about 6.5-7 inches of travel. I only go into the last inch when I case something epicly. Just think of it as a buffer zone, like the rubber on the rear shock tup

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 2:38 Quote
jkl23ph wrote:

thanks for any input

Check your oil heights are correct. In my experience, the number one reason for not getting full travel is too much oil in the fork legs.

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 4:21 Quote
thanks, for the input guys... i already sent my fork to fork mechanic, he thinks something wrong with it coz we both using the same fork, but im just few more lbs heavier than him.. he will let me know by next week .. cheers

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
Smile .. guys .. the bike tech just replaced the oil from both legs and its running smoothly now.. He said oils very dirty when showed me the oil, i thought it was his coffee Smile hahahahaha.... BTW, guys anyone of you can suggest a good settings for DH racing.. i want to try new settings Wink

tnx

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 18:15 Quote
Wellllllll... after a a few days of riding, 2 mildly harsh bottom outs, rest of it pretty average shredding, my fork seems to have to lost its mind. Occasionally there is a slight 'knocking' internally. And my rebound seems to have a mind of its own. A couple times I noticed it seemed to decrease rebound damping slightly automatically making the fork top out a little. And now I was just playing around with settings in the driveway and the rebound going from slowest to fastest didn't seem to do anything. The regular squish has been replaced with a 'drier' sounding one as well.

Does any of this make sense... if so any ideas on what might be my problem?

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 18:21 Quote
Well our forks are identical and I've had no problems with mine at all.

It does come with a 3 year warranty...

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 18:31 Quote
Stainer wrote:
Well our forks are identical and I've had no problems with mine at all.

It does come with a 3 year warranty...

I'm not the original owner

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 18:33 Quote
Few mods are available at Marzocchi Canada. Give them a call.

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 20:50 Quote
Has it been serviced recently?

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 21:27 Quote
Stainer wrote:
Has it been serviced recently?

No, but the bike has had minimal riding on it. I'm going to bring it into the lbs tomorrow I believe.

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 3:30 Quote
Hello, I've got 888 RC3 Evo's on my 7 week old Commencal DH V3. They developed a click/knock during compression which seems to come and go, it's like there is something floating around inside. The Roco R shock coil moves around on the shaft and scrapes the shock body and has caught the frame. Anyone else had these problems? My lbs has sent the forks and shock to windwave for repair/replacement (windwave didn't respond to my email. It's my first DH bike and basically it's ruined by Marzocchi, as soon as I've got the money I'll upgrade to Fox.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046846
Mobile Version of Website