Powered by Outside

Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Thoughts of s&m perfect 10 bars.
Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 13:33 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:

yh might still get them. but part of me think they are just to big. lol. how tall are u. i am 6''6

Im 6ft1, They are beautiful bars dont get me wrong but they are way too wide, 30" wide is just unnecessary for anything, i mean i was riding through town a couple of weeks back and i accidently caught a womens bag with the end of the bars and on any normal bar id have got past its just that extra " that most likely caused it to happen because i am pretty careful on the streets, But the rise is perfect for your height. You wont get a strain

Yh man cheers. I would prob cut them down to 29. People say the height isvto much stress on the frame. But i dont believe that. My bars at moment just feel too small. 8.5 27width. Might get prefect 10 or shadows 9.5 or cult 9. Heard some bad reviews on the shadow bars tho. Never heard any one broke perfect 10s. Might try short cranks to give more room on bike too.

Yeah people say that they dont like the perfect 10s because they are too heavy, i dont believe there that heavy.

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:

Im 6ft1, They are beautiful bars dont get me wrong but they are way too wide, 30" wide is just unnecessary for anything, i mean i was riding through town a couple of weeks back and i accidently caught a womens bag with the end of the bars and on any normal bar id have got past its just that extra " that most likely caused it to happen because i am pretty careful on the streets, But the rise is perfect for your height. You wont get a strain

Yh man cheers. I would prob cut them down to 29. People say the height isvto much stress on the frame. But i dont believe that. My bars at moment just feel too small. 8.5 27width. Might get prefect 10 or shadows 9.5 or cult 9. Heard some bad reviews on the shadow bars tho. Never heard any one broke perfect 10s. Might try short cranks to give more room on bike too.

Yeah people say that they dont like the perfect 10s because they are too heavy, i dont believe there that heavy.

Yh i dont care about weight. Here some say that perfect 10s broke their frame and front wheel. But i dont see how . Lol.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 18:28 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:

Yh i dont care about weight. Here some say that perfect 10s broke their frame and front wheel. But i dont see how . Lol.
Yeah that does sound ludicrously crazy haha.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 23:37 Quote
kingstar101 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
kingstar101 wrote:

Yeah that does sound ludicrously crazy haha.

i order cult leader bars in 9 rise instead. was cheaper plus i can ride cult top load stem and spacers.

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 14:02 Quote
hey guys.
i was lookin into some new bars cause i find mine to short, i have the macneil xlt 8.25 high rise an i find there to short, im like 5,7 an im lookin into these s&m perfect 10 bars an im thinkin its what i need.

whata you guys sayin for an opinion??

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 14:10 Quote
dreew wrote:
hey guys.
i was lookin into some new bars cause i find mine to short, i have the macneil xlt 8.25 high rise an i find there to short, im like 5,7 an im lookin into these s&m perfect 10 bars an im thinkin its what i need.

whata you guys sayin for an opinion??

Theyre gonna tower over you perfect 10s, Id say get something with a 9" rise so probably get some cults or ive heard that the federal drops are nice

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
im 5,7 and i couldnt ride anything over 8.7 any bigger than that and my riding starts to suffer really really badly

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 14:17 Quote
Joedavidson wrote:
im 5,7 and i couldnt ride anything over 8.7 any bigger than that and my riding starts to suffer really really badly

Theres your answer then dude? Ge some bars within 8.3 and 8.7?

Edit: I honestly should read the persons username before i comment haha.

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 16:26 Quote
I'm 5 11" and I ride bars with a 8" rise,for me if I ride bars that are any taller than 8.5,they just hinder my riding.I tried both 8 & 8.5 and found the 8" rise the best.

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 21:57 Quote
Joedavidson wrote:

This

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 5:24 Quote
5'8", 155 lbs here and the tallest bar I currently have in service is an older C-Murder at 8.1" Other bike has a Metal Sasquatch 8"

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 5:28 Quote
8" for street, 8.7" for trails. im 5'6". i rode perfect 10s and couldnt do anything on the bike. it was just awkward, you cant even pull that far when you hop because you physically cant get your arms higher.

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 11:01 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
8" for street, 8.7" for trails. im 5'6". i rode perfect 10s and couldnt do anything on the bike. it was just awkward, you cant even pull that far when you hop because you physically cant get your arms higher.

And the bike is still pretty much level when you try to tuck in cause the crossbar's in the way? lol

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 20:58 Quote
Im 5'7 riding a 21" frame with p10's and i keep being told it will prevent me from progressing in the sport?? Idk why i even let it bother me but is it true does being somewhat short riding p10's really hinder progression i will admit doin tire grabs an tucks seem impossible i just cant seem to throw em like i did riding 8.75's to me they feel right i can actually hop and not lose my hop manual and not feel like im humping air and spinning is a breeze its just the off bar tricks that feel like i will never be able to do them or do yall think that mayb due to the lack of riding time i havent been able to fully adapt to my bike and bars over the last year and a half i have had this bike i have ridden it for mayb a month so it could just be im
Not comfortable but i wanted thoughts and opinions thanks

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 23:55 Quote
"I think the new bigger bars make you ride the bars more than the bike" - Ralph Sinisi

don't think I could ever ride perfect 10s or big bars again in general. went from 9" kink grizzly bars to some 7.75" rise animal bob bars and wouldn't ever go back. so much more pop and maneuverability with smaller bars especially with the right amount of upsweep.

plus when you don't have gargantuant bars i feel it really brings out the dimensions of the parts/frame on your bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028682
Mobile Version of Website