Powered by Outside

Falkland Trails Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Falkland Trails Thread
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 0:39 Quote
After checking the roots and rain calendar i have decided to provisionally set a date for the race at falkland,
Im thinking the 27th, and 28th of august. If Anyone wants to enter pm me or post here.

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 2:07 Quote
im in whistler sort of gutted but at the same time not really

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 2:08 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
Anyone else abroad on these dates.

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 2:17 Quote
ryansteele wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
stu, hamish, scott, craig and craig are in whistler too

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 4:04 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
ryansteele wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
stu, hamish, scott, craig and craig are in whistler too

Hardtail DH08. You never made any effort to get to the membership day earlier this year despite you being a regular rider at Falkland for at least the past 3 years that I can recollect. I even heard a whisper that you have no intention of ever paying membership money and find it quite amusing. Might be hearsay, maybe not. But the fact is that I don't think you or your other pal from Perth (Calum? Gold coloured Scott Gambler) have ever made any effort to pay Mike any money.

In case you missed it, Mike is £££ out of pocket year on year and this is getting tiresome.

Anyway, enjoy Whistler, Im sort of gutted you wont be at Falkland but at the same time not really.

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 4:17 Quote
Kinda seems like im banging my head of a brick wall anyway with this race, not much response.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 0:56 Quote
chin up ryan. not alot of folk use this part of the forum, am sure folk will spread the word.

with regards to hardtail08. whilst i have never receieved fees off of of him, he has intimated to me that he would pay and even offering double payments for missed years. all he needs to do is use the address i gave him for the cheque..
what i am about to say is not aimed at you hardtail08, there are plenty of folk who ride there and have never paid me.

guys i know its a pain paying for something that is effectively nothing. but its as simple as this....

insurance is not paid, we do not get to use the track - it will be destroyed by the landowner. END OF!!.

secondly, who out of all you young guns was going to spend 2 days removing the trees blocking the track after the storm. I could have just left them in place, ruining the enjoyment of the track. it took alot of bloody hard work and 5 strong men to move them off the track.

folk like ryan have developed the trail network there with passion. its a total kick in the teeth for him when folk ride there and dont pay towards it. ryan comes all the way from glasgow everytime he puts a nail in a bit of wood. he deserves some respect for that by riders helping with the club fees.

if everyone who rides there actually paid towards falkand then fees would proabably work out to £10 a head. but alas theres a lot of selfish f*cks out there who are only in it for themselves and the glory.

you have my number, my address and paypal account theres no excuse folks.

07725 644617

michael clyne
flat 9 120 admiralty road
rosyth
ky11 2qj

ssooksterr@hotmail.com

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 1:24 Quote
Sign me up for the race bud Smile

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 2:03 Quote
Cheers mic, the dates i set for the race conflict with your holiday, so im going to change it. Can u suggest a good date ?

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 2:14 Quote
How'z about w/e 6/7th August?

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 3:56 Quote
neally wrote:
How'z about w/e 6/7th August?

Lol, im in france from, 29 of jul until the 14 of august.

Oh and just a long shot, we have 1 space left for France. As its short notice we are willing to offer it for 200 pounds and that includes travel costs to morzine and challet. However u would need to book a flight home ,Prob about 100 pounds with sleazy jet , If Anyone is interested let me know. We drive out on fri the 29 th and fly home sat the 13 of aug. Malky is staying in france longer hence the need for flights home.

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 13:12 Quote
mike are you still going to whistler the week before us? i really am strapped for cash at the moment but if i see you in canada i can give you the money then i have lots of money in an account i cant access until i go to canada

Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 3:49 Quote
Sory chaps, the race at falkland is now September 25th. For entries Pm me or if your on Facebook just follow the evnt link below.

http://facebook.com/event.php?eid=244606992217172&refid=25

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 13:04 Quote
for hardtail08 -

normally i would say just leave it but seeing as i'm so short this year will gladly meet up with ya in canada. yeah we are there from the 17th aug - 31st aug

will email you and demostug nearer the time with our address for meeting up

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.177704
Mobile Version of Website