Powered by Outside

GT Fury. Pictures, conversations, problems, and more.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
GT Fury. Pictures, conversations, problems, and more.
Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 17:37 Quote
Bronco82 wrote:
I got my 450# spring yesterday and it's already on. I'm going to see how it feels and also order a 500 just so I have options.

good call, best of luck, let us know what you find out

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 19:10 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Bronco82 wrote:
I got my 450# spring yesterday and it's already on. I'm going to see how it feels and also order a 500 just so I have options.

I actually rode it with the 450# today and it felt way better than the 550. Not quite as poppy but a lot plusher. The rear with the brand new spring sits at about 26% sag and the front is at like 28-ish. It's close enough for me. Big Grin I'll have to take it out on some real DH trails though to get a good feel for it. Hopefully it'll help with g-outs.

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 19:21 Quote
Bronco82 wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
Bronco82 wrote:

I actually rode it with the 450# today and it felt way better than the 550. Not quite as poppy but a lot plusher. The rear with the brand new spring sits at about 26% sag and the front is at like 28-ish. It's close enough for me. Big Grin I'll have to take it out on some real DH trails though to get a good feel for it. Hopefully it'll help with g-outs.

good to hear man, have fun riding !!

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 20:07 Quote
I will. It's weird going from my trail bike to the DH bike. Feels kinda small.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 16:59 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:
Before the decent.

If the wheels look a little bigger it is because they are... 27.5 wheels on a Fury... And rides like a dream!

you can fit 27.5 on the rear ?

where you able to fit a 27.5 on the rear of a 26er

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 7:37 Quote
giantmb100 wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:

If the wheels look a little bigger it is because they are... 27.5 wheels on a Fury... And rides like a dream!

Yeah, they fit the older geometry fine. Saw a Carbon WC Fury on craiglist a while back that he had 29" on it for enduro racing.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 22:37 Quote
My collection so far. Looking for another World Cup or Carbon Team Book

photo

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 22:50 Quote
So i guess you really love these things to have so many.. I would pick the one with yellow/black. tup

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 16:32 Quote
That's my World Cup model. It's the bestest in the bunch. Drool

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
giantmb100 wrote:
c4mtb wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:
Before the decent.

Yes I was able to fit a 27.5 tire on the rear of a 26' model, the chainstay length didn't change when they went to the 27.5" version, and honestly you could probably fit a 29" tire on the rear as well.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:26 Quote
Was there any issue running a 27.5 on the front? Or would the new fork fix that? I kinda want to go 27.5 on mine.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:28 Quote
Bronco82 wrote:
Was there any issue running a 27.5 on the front? Or would the new fork fix that? I kinda want to go 27.5 on mine.

I am running a Dorado with .15" more than the minimum tire clearance up front so it worked perfectly, otherwise you would probably need to run a 27.5 specific fork.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
kstrongin3 wrote:
Bronco82 wrote:

I am running a Dorado with .15" more than the minimum tire clearance up front so it worked perfectly, otherwise you would probably need to run a 27.5 specific fork.

That's what I was going to do. Since new 27.5 forks can be had for pretty cheap if you look hard enough. Or I'll just get a dorito.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
Bronco82 wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:
Bronco82 wrote:

That's what I was going to do. Since new 27.5 forks can be had for pretty cheap if you look hard enough. Or I'll just get a dorito.

Whichever route you take I would strongly recommend this upgrade as it makes the bike even more capable and I didn't notice much of a change in the cornering ability due to the higher center of gravity.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 19:35 Quote
kstrongin3 wrote:
Bronco82 wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:

Whichever route you take I would strongly recommend this upgrade as it makes the bike even more capable and I didn't notice much of a change in the cornering ability due to the higher center of gravity.

Maybe in the future if I don't trade in the stumpy and the fury for a SB6C.Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036232
Mobile Version of Website