BLK MRKT MOB build...

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BLK MRKT MOB build...
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
think i may, gonna raw the frame soon , and polish the cranks, get a Ti spindle,green pimplite stem,green eastern pedals, paint the sprocket green and put on green chain..get brown grips to match seat...

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
stevenoca wrote:
ive tried a mob with 24s

IT sucks!.

the bb becomes very low and unless u have 165mm crankarms. its goona b tight from hitting the ground..

having 24 also throughs off the manual point becuse ur perdy much makin the chainstays longer if u think about.

all an all keep the 26" it what the frame is built for, i know on mine im not switching up. if u want lighter wheels grab a 721 for ur front and drill it. maby some light tubes too. aswell for looks and weight grab a 140mm roter for ur rear. also ti spindle loose you alot of weight.

YES!!!!!!! this boy knows what hes talking about!! except dont get a 140mm rotor, you will rip it right off your hub, it was the most retarded thing avid did.its to much pressure on a small area and its spread into your hub, you dont want that 160mm is the smallest you can go.The mob was designed around 26" wheels , just keep em

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
free629ride wrote:
YES!!!!!!! this boy knows what hes talking about!! except dont get a 140mm rotor, you will rip it right off your hub, it was the most retarded thing avid did.its to much pressure on a small area and its spread into your hub, you dont want that 160mm is the smallest you can go.The mob was designed around 26" wheels , just keep em

No? I have a 140mm Juicy Ultimate on my STP and it works just fine. I don't know what you're talking about ripping off a hub.... It's not made out of plastic. Locks up just fine too.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
k, maybe ill get a 721 for front, and get new green hope pro 2 hubs or some dt swiss 440 FR ...keep 26...raw frame for sure...

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
k, maybe ill get a 721 for front, and get new green hope pro 2 hubs or some dt swiss 440 FR ...keep 26...raw frame for sure...

Yee Yee , its gonna be pimp!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
thanks for pos+ comments...ill post pics as soon as its upgraded, im gonna raw the frame first, and polish crank arms....then i got a blk mrkt badda bing bar in mint green to match 409..then gettin a 2008 pimplite stem in green 38mm reach and demolition grips in brown..then a Ti spindle, then green eastern peds and green chain,then 721 front rim and new green hubs, either hope pro 2's or dt swiss 440 FR, eventually maybe a new eastern internal headset in green and maybe green fit stub post..pics soon

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Give it up already, man! Obviously, no one has done it. If you want to see how it feels, then take you bike into the shop and borrow some wheels or something, or build your own. You've asked half a million times, in half a million different threads, and I think you've exhausted the subject. Please give it up, I'm starting to lose respect for you.

well i dont know you and have no respect for you.i dont need respect from a 14 Yo grom to make myself feel worhty to bike...i started this thread to get suggestions for my bike.so if you dont want to see it, dont friggin come to MY thread...ive only asked in mob related threads to see if any mob owners have tried it...unfortunately i dont have rich parents to buy parts for me or, i would have a spare set of 24's..so give it up already , no one listens to what you have to say if its negative....stay in school

Firstly, I'm only commenting because I think you're wasting your (valuable) time, and I thought maybe you should go try it on a real bike, instead of bumping the thread again and again. Secondly, I'm not 14, and my parents don't buy my parts, and I have a job.
To tell the truth, I hope you find the answer, but I didn't think that was the best way to do it. I'm trying to help you, and you need to calm down a little bit. I was polite about it, and I hope you'll be polite as well. Sorry to clutter your thread and make you angry.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
Blah Blah angree.....

your Mob is dope

Raw the frame
get 24 pimplites
sell me your bar and stem.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
Give it up already, man! Obviously, no one has done it. If you want to see how it feels, then take you bike into the shop and borrow some wheels or something, or build your own. You've asked half a million times, in half a million different threads, and I think you've exhausted the subject. Please give it up, I'm starting to lose respect for you.

well i dont know you and have no respect for you.i dont need respect from a 14 Yo grom to make myself feel worhty to bike...i started this thread to get suggestions for my bike.so if you dont want to see it, dont friggin come to MY thread...ive only asked in mob related threads to see if any mob owners have tried it...unfortunately i dont have rich parents to buy parts for me or, i would have a spare set of 24's..so give it up already , no one listens to what you have to say if its negative....stay in school

agreed

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Firstly, I'm only commenting because I think you're wasting your (valuable) time.

man,your wasting my time, soo stay off my thread, there is an unsubcribe bar..why do you think there is forums? soo people can get answers to their questions,suggestions,comments,pos+ feed back, not listen to groms whine about other peoples bikes.....please stay off my thread...

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
hey man i was wondering the same thing because i just bought a riot frame and i have 24s. but on another note you should get scotty cranmer dou grips in mint,1664 sealed mag shaved beaver traps in mint not just to save weight but the mint would match

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
07Argyle318 wrote:
Blah Blah angree.....

your Mob is dope

Raw the frame
get 24 pimplites
sell me your bar and stem.

Ew 24s on a blk mrkt is the most unholy thing you can do, the bike is made for 26" wheels, very nice solid bike

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
what ever i had 24" on my 243 and loved it ... do it up you wont regret it man...

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
skinna wrote:
hey man i was wondering the same thing because i just bought a riot frame and i have 24s. but on another note you should get scotty cranmer dou grips in mint,1664 sealed mag shaved beaver traps in mint not just to save weight but the mint would match

haha, i actually have scotty cranmer duo grips in black right now...but i think i may get brown grips to match my seat, then green eastern..or i may get red premium pedals to save some weight and paint the sprocket red to match, then green chain, maybe green animal stub post...maybe green eastern BB and headset to match

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
hey guys, what chaintug fits mob ? thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030751
Mobile Version of Website